01 Bullitt

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I happened to pass a Ford dealer and decided to test drive a used '01 Bullitt. It's all stock with 7800 miles on it. Looked very clean in and out. It drove great and had good power, but I thought it didn't pull near as good as my father's 97 Cobra.

What's a decent price for it? They were asking $18.5. Seemed like a decent price, but I'm under the "D-Plan" so I was thinking a Mach 1 would be a better investment for a little more money.

How do these respond to mods? And which ones do y'all recommend?

Does Whipple or KB make a twin-screw for these?

Whadya think?

Thanks
P

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
The bullitt should pull just as well as your dads 97' cobra. They've been tested at mid 13's in the 1/4. Just as good if not better then the 96-98 cobras. I'm sure someone makes a positive displacement blower for them but I couldn't tell you who. 18.5K seems high, but they are a limited edition so you'll be paying for the pretige more than the performance.

If you can afford it a Mach 1 would be a much better investment.

jdr46

I am a bullitt owner and if its just HP & TQ thing then go with the Mach 1. I have driven a Mach and I like my Bullitt better.

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Most used Bullitts are going for around $15k, so that may be a little bit high.

As far as modifications, Bullitts take to mods pretty well. Their intake allows them to take advantage of forced induction better than a GT does. Vortech, Kenne Bell, and Allen all make Bullitt specific supercharger kits. Plus they already have better suspension, exhaust, and throttle body than a stock GT.

The place to go to find out about Bullitts is www.imboc.com. That is the Bullitt Club website with forums where almost 2,000 Bullitt owners are registered. The Bullitt owners there have done every conceivable modification to their cars, and can answer any question you may have. They can also tell you if the Bullitt you are looking at was registered there previously and give you some history on that car. The Bullitt Archives there have tons of technical information about the Bullitt.

Users who are viewing this thread