'01 Cobra 1 - '03 SRT 2

StevesSRT

Established Member
Ran a '01 Cobra 3 times last night.

1st run was from a stand still. He was on huge DR's and I was in street trim so I new this was going to be ugly. He launched a bus length and by the time I got going, we had caught traffic.

The next run was from 45mph up to 120. I had a steady pull and had a few car lengths when we shut down.

The last run was a 2nd gear pull from 20mph up to 140. I pulled pretty good on this one and am not going to exagerate on how far ahead I was. At that speed, you don't need to be looking in the rear view.

We talked for a few afterwards, but didn't really share mods. I know he was running on DR's and had a nice exhaust.

As for mine, I was on stock rubber only boosting 18psi.

We had talked to each other before but had never lined them up. It was fun, but stupid also!!!

Steve B.

StevesSRT

Established Member
Originally posted by nsxmatt
Nice runs, what color was this one?

It was the grey vert that used to have the 100 shot. He lives in Hatfield.

He said Mike, with the black '96 Cobra, bought the juice off of him.

Steve B.

nsxmatt

Established Member
Ahhh, that was Matt then. Yeah he's a real cool guy, he still lurks on the board too. Mike sold the nitrous after he got it so i'm not sure who has it now.

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
The last run was a 2nd gear pull from 20mph up to 140

not calling bs or anything, i have a great respect for the SRT-4, but 20 MPH in 2nd gear??? No turbo lag??

btw sweet ass numbers :beer:

Last edited:

95eclipseRS

Established Member
Mabey the SRT-4 driver brake boosted? that could be the reason he had no lag at 20. besides my brother owns an 03. stage II 3" exhaust, and a CAI. 20mph in first (around 4500-5500 rmp) is the strongest pull from any gear if you brake boost... you should break them loose... becareful when you shift to let off the gas... cause if you still have boost and try to floor it.. you will spin the hell out of the tires... ive done it in an 04... not pretty...

StevesSRT

Established Member
Originally posted by 96SVT_2_NV
not calling bs or anything, i have a great respect for the SRT-4, but 20 MPH in 2nd gear??? No turbo lag??

btw sweet ass numbers :beer:

You know how it is when lining up on the street from a role. You start roling at 20mph and by the time yo both go, you may be rolling a little faster. Its hard to keep an eye on the speedo, the car next to you, lookout for cops, etc, etc.

With these puny little turbos, there is little to no turbo lag.

I have over 330ft lbs of torque at 3200rpm, so you don't feel to much lag. Just the tires fighting for whatever traction they can manage.

I haven't did much street racing in a while, but Matt is a cool guy and his car has always been bad ass, so I was like what the hell!! Most of our SVT owners in this area are cool though.

Steve B.

Toplesss

Established Member
Sorry to come in late on this one fellas! Those were some good runs the other night. Steve was mean to my vert. :D

My only mods as of now are an offraod X and a Mac catback. I sold the rest to buy 4-wheeler parts!:rockon: My best et like it sits is 8.49@ 84.6 mph. I think Im gonna pick up another NX kit. ;-)

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by Toplesss
Sorry to come in late on this one fellas! Those were some good runs the other night. Steve was mean to my vert. :D

My only mods as of now are an offraod X and a Mac catback. I sold the rest to buy 4-wheeler parts!:rockon: My best et like it sits is 8.49@ 84.6 mph. I think Im gonna pick up another NX kit. ;-)

Ever thought of a 4.10 gear and some spray??:shrug:

StevesSRT

Established Member
Originally posted by Toplesss

Hey Matt,

You can buy another 100 shot for the Cobra and a 25 shot for the 4-wheeler!!!!

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread