'01 Lightning VS Porsche 911

Bootbox

Established Member
I was out for a Sunday drive in the super-rich part of town this morning when a couple of teenage guys pulled up next to me at a red light in a silver 911. I threw them a little rev, they started to rock back and forth on their clutch, then killed it and had to restart. :nonono: I was pretty sure I had them at this point.

I'm scanning the rearview for cops, brake torquing to about 1500rpms and my heart is going a mile a minute. Light goes green a few moments later, seemed like an eternity. I side step the brake, floor it slowly and I get a car out instantly, chirp second nice and hard on the way to a two car lead up to about 65mph. They started to catch back up at this point and had pulled even at about 95mph when we shut it down for the next red light.

They rolled down the pass. side window and the driver shouted across to me "I bogged the launch" I said to him "yeah, you were about to blow past me more than likely" He says nice run, I say the same.

I pulled off from that light slowly and got a chance to see the back of his car. It just had "911" on a little chrome badge under the wing on the back. The wing was the kind that lays flat and comes out at speed, then goes back in when you stop. There were no giant scoops anywhere on the car, it's safe to say it was a base model 911, no turbo, no 4s etc... Still, not bad for a truck right?

My mods are MAC intake and catback, 2lb pulley, and a canned 93oct Predator tune.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread