'01 mustang gt mods

NameBlast44

Established Member
Just got a 2001 mustang gt 5 speed. It came with a k&n and a flowmaster 40 series( :( ) I'm new to muscle cars so bear with me please :)

My goal is to get my car to run with 03/04 Cobras (highest of 12s) without a power adder or nitrous. I have a bit of cash and want to do some mods and just would like to know if I'm heading in the right direction.

The mods I am going to do so far are:
Underdrive Pullies
Electric Fan
MGW Shifter
4.10 Gears
Diablosport Predator tuner
Timing Adjuster
Long Tube Headers

I'm thinking I will see a nice big power gain with all of these mods. My next mod, when I have the cash, will be tires

Critiques are welcomed, thanks!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
First mods I would get would be 4.10's and a nice aftermarket shifter..

then I'd get full exhaust...you'll still be running high 13's or so with these mods so you're going to have to get some cams and some ported heads. also try to get a ported bullitt intake...then get a good tune.. you should be able to do it there as with the heads and cams, you should need at least 50-60rwhp with a good tune.

Look into a new clutch also to grab with the 4.10's.

It's going to be a job, but with some motor work, you should be able to pull it off.

Good luck with everything.

spike_africa

Established Member
First off you cant use the electric fan as our cars have that allready.

you just need full exhaust Long tube headers h/x pipe with no cats then a set of gears like you said for n/a 4.10's at least 4.30s if you really wanna hual then a set of pulleys a tba nd plenum with a tune on good times will go 12's i have seen it done in a vert.

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Long Tubes and the 4:10s are a good start. Take the money from the rest and mods and get some cams. Then get a TB and Plenum to help get the air in. With some stickies and launch the piss out of that thing and drive it like you stole that thing. Also a short throw shifter and maybe keep the Underdrives on the list to get also just to get some more power. Good Luck with your modding.

NameBlast44

Established Member
nastygt said:
Long Tubes and the 4:10s are a good start. Take the money from the rest and mods and get some cams. Then get a TB and Plenum to help get the air in. With some stickies and launch the piss out of that thing and drive it like you stole that thing. Also a short throw shifter and maybe keep the Underdrives on the list to get also just to get some more power. Good Luck with your modding.
So with long tubes, 4.10s, cams, a new shifter, tb and plenum, tires, undrives, and my current mods, as well as great driving, I should hit 12s?

spike_africa

Established Member
NameBlast44 said:
So with long tubes, 4.10s, cams, a new shifter, tb and plenum, tires, undrives, and my current mods, as well as great driving, I should hit 12s?
you dont need the cams or the shifter to hit 12's. but yes sticky tires and the things i said will go 12's.

grendel

Established Member
cams, 4.10's, tri-ax, exhaust, some suspension stuff, tb and plemun, cluth and flywheel, superchip and a few other things and i go 12's

NameBlast44

Established Member
Wow, I was doing some calculating and the price of all of this stuff, not including if I got it professionally installed, would be around $1600, not including the tires! wow, the price you pay for a little performance

My first mods will be a new shifter, then gears, long tubes, and then cams. I will wait on the other stuff :)

Last edited:

sincityturbo2v

http://www.gotstang.com/p
Established Member
NameBlast44 said:
Wow, I was doing some calculating and the price of all of this stuff, not including if I got it professionally installed, would be around $1600, not including the tires! wow, the price you pay for a little performance

My first mods will be a new shifter, then gears, long tubes, and then cams. I will wait on the other stuff :)
you should see what i got into mine, like 30,000 over the price of a stock gt

Users who are viewing this thread