****01 Mustang gt More power****

96lowbra

SN8KE B.I.T.3
Established Member
I have a 01 Mustang Gt I have done some mod's,But I have a question
I got a set of BBK Pulleys and it comes with 3pic set I want to now
if I just put on the lower pulley and leave the other ones stock what should
happend.Also what could be my next mod.I want to now who has gone through this and what made a diffr.

This what I have done
*BBK Pulley's
*BBK CAI
*MagnaFlow O/R X pipe
*Borla Stingers Cat-back
This what I am thinking of getting done
*3.55 or 3.73 Gear's
*Spec 2 Clutch
*BBK Throttle Body
*Cams

Thank's

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
I have a 01 Mustang Gt I have done some mod's,But I have a question
I got a set of BBK Pulleys and it comes with 3pic set I want to now
if I just put on the lower pulley and leave the other ones stock what should
happend.Also what could be my next mod.I want to now who has gone through this and what made a diffr.

This what I have done
*BBK Pulley's
*BBK CAI
*MagnaFlow O/R X pipe
*Borla Stingers Cat-back
This what I am thinking of getting done
*3.55 or 3.73 Gear's
*Spec 2 Clutch
*BBK Throttle Body
*Cams

Thank's

These mods are good BUT i wouldput 4:10s in, you will love it.
If you do forced induction, then i would get the Torque-tech kit.
good luck

no2moro

Established Member
If you do not use the other pulleys then you will be over spinning the water pump and alternator. The kit is made to reduce parasitic drag, you would just create more parasitic drag.

As far as future mods, go with the throttle body and 3.55 gears.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
What is your long term plans for the car? I wouldnt get cams until you knew exactly what you were going to do. If you are going to get a blower, get rid of the pulleys. bbk throttle body is nice.. got one ill sell ya with like 2 miles on it... Look into some longtubes... go ahead and get the spec stage 3+ clutch wise.. not much more for ALOT more cluch. I would recommend upgrading to 26 spline while you are in there also. Make sure you get a Ford original throw out bearing though. 4.10 gears would be your best bet right now.. The more hp you make, the longer you are going to want the gear. Also depends on trans selection.

My opinion on gears in a 5speed goes something like this.

250-350 hp = 4.10
350-450hp = 3.90
450-550hp = 3.73
550-650hp = 3.55
650-750hp = 3.27

This applys to most of the cars I've delt with. Everyones opinion is going to be different and ofcorse different people are going to want different things out of their gear choice.

100GT03

Established Member
i have 4.10s and love them also just put the 78mm bbk throttle body and plenum intake on and i like it and would recomend it to anyone..i have heard that the bbk underdrive pullies are just piggy back pullies that just fit over the stock ones idk for sure but i just went with the steeda underdrive pullies and really like them and i had a k&n fipk cold air intake and changed to the jlt cold air intake and felt a difference between those two its a pain in the ass to install but worth it in the long run i love it and it looks good too..just my 2cents man and i have a programmer on mine too and i love it and it helped alot but i do also have an automatic so it helps the shift firmness and shift points so idk how much it would help a stick

Users who are viewing this thread