01+ Saleen Body Kit

99blackstang

Established Member
I am in the process of buying an 01+ GT and putting a Mac Flowpath catback and mac o/r H pipe on it. I also want to put springs and 18" chrome saleen rims on it. I was looking on ebay and found that they have cheap Saleen body kits for about $450, the only thing is that they are made out of fiberglass. Does anyone have any experience with a fiberglass body kit or the Saleen kits from ebay?

MINI_ME

Established Member
fiberglass will flex and crack especially if you have a lowered car, the saleen kits from saleen are urithain.....same material used on your stock bumper covers. The cheaper the kit that you get the worse it is, remember you do get what you pay for.

99blackstang

Established Member
we'll i know that the one's straight from Saleen are urethane but there also $1500 and take about 3 months to get to you. Im just in h.s. and i think that later on that might be something that i want to do. I dont have that kind of money to put it on there and paint it and all that. So would that last if i have like H&R Supersports on there? The only way it would crack is if i hit a curb or something while i was going pretty fast.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
ok and another thing, saleen makes some cheap ass quality stuff.. i bought their bodykit straight from them, but when i got everything, my bumpers were all banged up, nicks in them and all the edges to the bumper werent straight.. belive me after spending so much money on that kit that really pissed me off. i asked my bodyshop if they could fix this and make the body lines line up, and they did their job. but i spent around the same price to have it installed and for the kit cause of those morons

MINI_ME

Established Member
Originally posted by fuelonempty
ok and another thing, saleen makes some cheap ass quality stuff.. i bought their bodykit straight from them, but when i got everything, my bumpers were all banged up, nicks in them and all the edges to the bumper werent straight.. belive me after spending so much money on that kit that really pissed me off. i asked my bodyshop if they could fix this and make the body lines line up, and they did their job. but i spent around the same price to have it installed and for the kit cause of those morons
Seriously, what do you expect? It is a after market set of body panel's and is going to require some serious body work and fitting to get everything to look properly. :kaboom:

fuelonempty

Established Member
yeah, well at least pack the thing right in the box man, so it doesnt get so beat to sh*t.. am i right?

fuelonempty

Established Member
no it really doesnt, but it makes me feel like a should have gone with a roush bumper. i regret buying the saleen bodysh*t.

Users who are viewing this thread