02 Gt 31spline install HELP PLESE!

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
Let me start by telling everybody what I just installed. I ordered 31 spline mosers, 31spline carrier from an explorer, ABS toner rings, and used the 3.73 off my old 28 spline.

Pinion and carrier were installed and work fine. The problem im runnin into is that it seems that the axles are sticking out too far. I compared lengths of the stock axles to the new ones and I looks like the tip of the axle were the c-clip goes might be about an 1/8 of an inch longer.

The problems are the the abs rings are not lining up with the sensor correctly, and my brake rotors have very little clearance in the caliper bracket. The inboard side of the rotor has about 1/2 inch of clearance to the bracket, were as the outside only has about 1/8 max. So I'm getting metal to metal contact on the rotor and it's tearing them up quick. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Is it the axles? Is it something in the carrier? What is causeing this shit not to line up?

spike_africa

Established Member
IF they are longer then stock you got a problem. Call moser and tell them you either got deffective ones or ones for something else.

stangkid

Established Member
I just got done with a built rearend swap and had the same exact problem you are having with the caliper bracket rubbing on the rotor at first i was thinking it was my calipers locking up and i even bought new ones and still had the problem so thats when i found out it was the caliper bracket so what i did to fix the problem on mine i just added some small washers between the caliper bracket and its mounting points.

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
stangkid said:
I just got done with a built rearend swap and had the same exact problem you are having with the caliper bracket rubbing on the rotor at first i was thinking it was my calipers locking up and i even bought new ones and still had the problem so thats when i found out it was the caliper bracket so what i did to fix the problem on mine i just added some small washers between the caliper bracket and its mounting points.

Ok thanks alot man. Do you have abs? If so how did you get the abs rings to line up with the sensors?

Users who are viewing this thread