02 gt coverted to 03 cobra...can it be done?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Exactly, so if he's scamming anyone it's himself. If he wrecks it it's on him to cover the difference if he chooses to replace them with cobra body parts. If it's totaled he can buy it back and sell the drive train easily if he chooses :shrug:

most of you people in here couldn't be honest if you tried. but you go ahead and tell yourself this kind of shit. if you get in an accident where you have liability for someone else's injuries, your company MIGHT pay, but then they will drop you. considering the age of most of you it is not surprise that you haven't a clue about things like ethical behavior.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
considering the age of most of you it is not surprise that you haven't a clue about things like ethical behavior.

Bernie Madoff

Now tell me more about how age means you're more ethical.

Ps: Most white collar criminals with zero ethics are closer to your age.... Aren't they? .. Now you'll say something else about "ohh it's a different kind of ethics"....And say whatever you can to try to be right because you just can't acknowledge in your old age. You're wrong.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Bernie Madoff

Now tell me more about how age means you're more ethical.

Ps: Most white collar criminals with zero ethics are closer to your age.... Aren't they? .. Now you'll say something else about "ohh it's a different kind of ethics"....And say whatever you can to try to be right because you just can't acknowledge in your old age. You're wrong.
there is a generational difference in the perception of ethics. madoff and his ilk are in the minority they are crooks plain and simple. however the current generation of 18-30 year olds seem to have a decided lack of ethics as a generation. I don't need to acknowledge that I am wrong since I am not wrong. you call your insurance company tomorrow talk to an underwriter or adjuster, ask them if it is fraud or not. I have already talked to a few about it.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
there is a generational difference in the perception of ethics. madoff and his ilk are in the minority they are crooks plain and simple. however the current generation of 18-30 year olds seem to have a decided lack of ethics as a generation. I don't need to acknowledge that I am wrong since I am not wrong. you call your insurance company tomorrow talk to an underwriter or adjuster, ask them if it is fraud or not. I have already talked to a few about it.

Angry old man talk here. You act as if in the past middle aged to elderly people didn't disapprove of slackers in the 90's, druggies/yuppies in the 80's, hippies in the 60's/70's, greasers in the 50's or flappers in the 20's.

There are plenty of immoral and insidious middle age/elderly people. If we started listing specific instances, the argument would go on for days.

You are just at that age in your life where you are set in your ways and disapprove of what the world has become. I anticipate being the same way in 30 years.

Your comments are similar to the notion that "a lot of (insert minority) are criminals, therefore, all (insert minority) are bad". I know you are smarter than that.

Last edited:

Elwood617

Established Member
It's the old, "the new generation sucks, my generation is the best," argument.
Back on topic, I've seen some 03/04 for sale at pretty reasonable prices. Keep your money ready and keep an eye on the Ford sites. Cash in hand makes for great deals :)

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

RDJ just called out an entire aftermarket community for not calling up Flo @ Progressive every time they make another 20hp not paying increased premiums to match.

The Dark Knight

Established Member
Swap

Let me make sure I'm understanding this. When I modify my car to make an additional 100-200hp I have to let my insurance company know? I think we should take a poll to see just how many people do that lol.

I have a 02GT with high miles, found a great buy on an 03 Mach1 crate engine and transmission (zero miles), swapped both. Did I call my insurance company to get it ok'd? Ummmm..... NO!

02SVTV6

Established Member
Your thread title doesn't go to what you're asking. 02 GT converted to 03 Cobra possible no because in the end of the day your VIN# is a 02 GT and your resale value isn't 03 Cobra #s. As far as a swap just build a 2V motor

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
RDJ just called out an entire aftermarket community for not calling up Flo @ Progressive every time they make another 20hp not paying increased premiums to match.

Whoa, you just put a K&N filter on your car? That's like 10hp. Insurance is going to have to raise your rates. :lol1:

gearhead08

Established Member
RDJ Hope you have not changed your tires from stock because you should notify your insurance company. They might not grip as well... do not forget if you have ever changed your brakes from the stock rotors and pads they might want to know about that also... Might not stop as quickly. Do not forget to write down part numbers for it all they are going to want those. Hopefully you did not lower your car... that's a hazard the insurance company might want to know about you could hit something easier. Also I would go ahead and tell your insurance company when your going to speed. They are really going to want to know that. Would not want to scam them.

Its funny how when he goes to extreme levels hes always right, but when we do that "we're taking what he said out of context"

Would you like me to go ahead and fill in the hole you successfully dug yourself, or would you like to do that yourself? :loser:

Last edited:

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
This thread is out of control.

Whenever you do a build on your car if your worried about insurance then you get it appraised.

Now back to Swapping.

Its not cheap OP, I'm up over 6K right now and ill be about 4 more till I'm done, that will be with a built motor, and an upgraded fuel system. I have upgraded other pieces along the way and i have not done this on a tight budget, however i do prefer used over new without sacrificing quality and condition.

I wanted a 4v turbo car, So i bought a 01 cobra motor.

I changed my mind and switched to a Eaton swap on the cobra motor because I'm building a manual transmission street car, i didn't want to swap to an auto to get the most out of a turbo.

Yes i could have thrown on a KB and built my 2V with cams and aftermarket heads and made way bigger power, for the same amount, maybe more, maybe less.

Im happy where i am at right now, and what my end product will be.

Right now my biggest concern is picking the right tranny.

Original plan was a T56 Magnum, but since i won't be spinning the same RPM with the eaton as i had planned with a turbo I'm leaning towards a Promotion HD T45

Users who are viewing this thread