02 GT missfiring under load

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So i am DDing the GT and it has been missfiring for about 3 weeks now. No check engine light comes up. There is no missfiring in 1st gear but when i shift into any other gear and give it gas (1/4)throttle i can feel it missfiring. It's more noticeable in 5th gear when accelerating from 60 to 70. I even got the CEL to blink for a few seconds then it turned off. At the stop lights it will idle up and down.
Got to my destination and when i came back the car started right up and it ran flawless on the way back:shrug: although i noticed the a/c wasnt blowing as hard at full blast.

Been searching google and it can be one bad coil or spark. Some say it's norm for the 99-04. Ford crappy Tune, bad gas, fuel filter etc. Without a CEL there is no way to tell. Checking all the coil packs one by one:sleeping:

When this started, i tried to do a WOT to 90 to see if it would do it in high rpms. It just stalled for a about 2-3 secs then it took off.

Any insight? Wait till the CEL comes on?

2013 Laguna Seca

Laguna 2013
Established Member
A power balance of the cylinders will show you which one is missing. You may need to take it to a shop and find out which cylinder it is. It could be a fuel filter partially clogged also. Since the engine light flashed it is most likely a coil.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Took it out to out to put some gas and it ran flawless all the way???

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

KwikGT

Established Member
I had a fuel filter stop up on me a few weeks ago. Wanna talk about some missing! Check it, just a suggestion Mine never threw a code

Users who are viewing this thread