02 sensors questions???????

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Well, this might be good question to stump ya guys, hope you can help. My car was bought used, and came with a basssini x pipe with cats. Ok, it only has (2) 02 sensors being used, which are Blue, Now I was told that they are the end readers not the Green one which should be in there. I'm really comfused about this. I don't get a check engine light, and the car does run really rich, toward lowend and high end. I can't even see were the others 02 were, they must have a MIL eliminators on it right?, so it wont blow a check engine light? If ya have any info on this let me know thanks guys? :??:

SLOWBRA

Established Member
You have 4 02's.. 2 are visible from just peaking under your car. Those are the ones that are basically monitoring the cat situation etc. They will still be on the pipe even with mil eliminators. The Mils plug into the exsisting 02 sensors and basically send a good signal to the computer.

They other 2 you will see when you crawl under the car and look towards the connection of the pipe to the manifolds.

BassAni Xpipe with Cats comes with predrilled holes for all 4 02's sensors.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
I'm so dumb sometimes.

Daa.. I must be dumb for thinking I was using only two 02's. Ok, what about my Mac long tube with a Mac catted h-pipe. I hear the first 02's pick up at a lower, more away from the heat, down stream of the exhaust. I've read about the L's having problems with the 02's reading because of this. Is this something I should be concern with when I install the long tubes. I haven't got any input on some of the people on this board if they have long tubes on there 99 and up cobra. I'm wondering if they'd do it again or leave it alone.:)

Users who are viewing this thread