03 04 cobra bra

smlblok302

Established Member
does anybody know if they make and where i can find a bra for o3 cobra?i did a search and found other year cobra bras but not 03.anybody?

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the Ford bra.

Cobra6.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have the Ford one. Fits/looks great and has the embossed coiled snake on the hood piece.

I don't know who its made by.

Everyone seems to rave about the Colgan bra, but I'm not sure if its any better/different.

rmgtc01

Established Member
The Ford one is a better fit and has the cobra logo. The colgan is what I had and was quality but I would have gone ford if I knew the difference.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I've used the Colgan Carbon Fiber Bra on my Black 2003 and my Mystichrome 2004. When I lived in California and had to have a Front Plate, I designed and built this custom setup where the Plate Bracket was mounted to the Bra and not to the Bumper. Here are a few pics of the setup.

DSC01977.JPG

BraPlateBracket1.jpg

BraPlateBracket2.jpg

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH,

My Colgan Custom bra does not have the netting that yours does for the radiator & heat exchanger openings...:(

How did you get yours with those ares closed up? :shrug:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Personally I like the clear bras. We have them on our Z06 and Cobra and will have them on any other car we purchase in the future, We get ours from x-pel.com and its made by 3M and is very durable and not too difficult to install.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
BLK03SVT10TH,

My Colgan Custom bra does not have the netting that yours does for the radiator & heat exchanger openings...:(

How did you get yours with those ares closed up? :shrug:

Those are Grillcraft Grills.

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have the ford one also and after a day or so it put some light scratches on the bumper below the front Cobra emblem I had to buff out , so now I only put on the hood protector :-D ...Bug Guts > Scratches , Just keep bumper waxed...

P4200360.gif

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
For the most part, I really just run the hood piece.

Also, as someone just stated, I highly suggest you only put it on a clean, well waxed surface and get it on there snug.

texaswrx

Established Member
Ford one here. I only use it for trips from Texas to Louisiana. My car is a garage queen, and stays clean/waxed, as above, it did place a small mark on the section below the Cobra emblem, and on the exchanger opening. I solved it by using a piece of microfiber on the hard plastic clips.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
smlblok302 said:
what does the cologan bra use in the place where the ford bra hard plastic clips?

If you mean the clips that hook to the fender, they are metal I believe with a thick soft material over them so they are covered completely.

Users who are viewing this thread