03-04 cobra conv. Guage pod problem

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
Ok I've got a conv. 04 cobra. I need a double a-pillar guage pod for my car. Autometer doesn't make one (hardtop only) is there any other company out there that makes one, or can I some how switch the stock pillar or modifiy it to work. :(

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
saleen_4_me said:
Can I put 02 covt. a pillar peices on my 04. Will they fit, then I can get an autometer guage pillar for that then.

Yes, you can, since there is no difference between a stock 02 and 04 convertible pillar from Ford. All you'll need to do is drill out your factory pillar and stick the autometer cover to it. You still take a chance on getting a proper fit, and will have to paint for a proper match. From what I know, some people luck out with the fit, and others need to work on it to make the fit acceptable.

The ones mentioned in the thread linked above work perfectly. Maybe you don't like them or just prefer a DIY approach to your car/projects?

Last edited:

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
I like the autometer pods because the guage holder hole doesn't stick all the way out, but I like the sos a- pillar because it comes in the right color and no drilling. AHHHHHHHHHHH alright I'm getting the sos one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread