03/04 Cobra hood on a 99-04 GT?

188slo50

Mustang GOD wana b
Established Member
I cant remember but does the cobra hood fit with a gt bumper or is it the cobra bumper fits with the gt hood? I remember one of them does really work to well and I hate the my Gt hood.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
The 03/04 cobra hood will fit like a glove on your GT car. Even though I changed my original bumper for a Roush front end, I had no prblem installing the cobra hood at first. Good luck!

skidad62

Established Member
If you change just the hood there is a gap by the top of the 'horns' on the bumper - the GT bumper comes down lower than the GT

I did it on mine - but hated the gap

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009012.jpg

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009014.jpg

CobraHoodSkiDad62April2009002.jpg

Needed more clearance for my Treadstone 4 core i/c - so I later swapped in a cobra bumper too

skidad97v2.png

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
That's the right info. If you want to close up the gap, you can adjust/shim up your stock front bumper cover to get it up a little bit. A few of the places making aftermarket hoods of that style make them longer to match the stock GT/V6 front cover instead of leaving the gap.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
I had to go out and look at mine for a gap like that, and there isn't anything at all. Certainly not like the sweet loking GT above. everything matches up perfectly, I have a Cervini's unit on my 2002. Just sayin'

Stanger00

Established Member
I had to go out and look at mine for a gap like that, and there isn't anything at all. Certainly not like the sweet loking GT above. everything matches up perfectly, I have a Cervini's unit on my 2002. Just sayin'

Factory 03-04 cobra hood will leave a gap.

Users who are viewing this thread