03/04 Cobra wing on my 02 gt

jtcstrat

Established Member
A few questions, im going to put a 03/04 Cobra wing on my 02 GT, now I was wondering if the wiring from the cobra wing plugs into the wiring of my 02 GT is it plug and play or do I have to splice?

Do I have to fill 2 of the 4 holes on my GT decked? Then I use the other 2 holes to bolt on the cobra wing? Or do I have to fill all 4 holes and make 2 new holes for mounting?

Do you use any tape to put the cobra wing on? Because once I take my 3rd brake light out of my 02 GT deckled will I have to cover the hole that my 3rd brake light WAS in with the cobra wing? Or fill the old 3rd brake light hold in also?

What’s the difference between a 03/04 cobra deckled and gt deckled? Just the wing? Does a cobra deckled have an open hole like the gt deckled would if you were to remove the 3rd brake light?

Any other suggestions? Looking for major differences between a GT deckled and 03/04 cobra deckled.

Thanks!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
im not sure but i think you only fill in the front 2 holes. The wing is the only difference, it would cost ford too much money to make seperate decklids for each mustang ;)

jtcstrat

Established Member
Thats what i was thinking!

Anyone know of the cobra wing mounts to the other 2 holes? and tape?

Thanks!

jtcstrat

Established Member
How about the 3rd brake light? my cobra wing comes with the led light, does it plug in just like the gt 3rd brake light?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
you do need a different harness from what ive heard numerous times. Its the trunk harness for the 03/04 cobra since the wiring for the 3rd break light is different.

Users who are viewing this thread