'03 Cobra-9,700 miles-Virginia-$22,000 Firm

davidwhitt

Established Member
'03 Cobra-9,700 miles-Virginia-$22,000 Firm - SOLD

Right up front. Blower on car is making noticeable continual noises even at idle but car runs fine as of now. Factory warranty has never been used so that could be a repair option if you know a mod friendly dealer and/or send it to Stiegemeier for a repair and port at same time. It is a one-owner Redfire Cobra coupe in otherwise pristine condition except for the blower noise. I assume the blower has either a snout issue or bearing issue of some sort. Used Eaton blowers seem to run $400-$500 or so. It has the factory chrome wheels (purchased new) that I added after I bought car in June 2004. Car has just under 10,000 miles on it. Tread on original tires is still good (50% or more in my opinion). It is garaged and essentially driven on weekends only. No accidents of any sort. Only real blemishes are where my left rear Magnaflow tailpipe was out of adjustment and discolored some of the black trim surrounding the tailpipe (on the rear valence). One fog light also has been cracked from a rock hit. Wheels and interior are in perfect condition. Also, I am a non-smoker and never eat or drink in this car. I have owned 3 Dodge Vipers so I am a real car "nut". Car has about 20 to 25 passes on it at the strip (best run "granny shifting" was 11.91 at 122 mph). My dad and I go down there and make 4 or 5 passes and go home. We like street nights best to beat up on the "local talent". Car usually runs over 120 mph in the 1/4 - very strong top end. It has never had a warranty claim of any sort (I did break my half shafts on very first pass at drag strip but upgraded them to DSS Level 2's at Amazon Racing). I run Mobil 1 5W-30 in it like I have all of my sports cars. Frequent oil changes as well. I am a busy Exec that is not looking to haggle or "play games" as I have been upfront re: the car's condition and price is extremely fair - want $22,000 FIRM. Buyer will need to have a cashiers check drawn on a bank with at least a branch office in Richmond, Va and/or wire funds direct. I can arrange to have title in hand at transaction closing if I have a serious buyer with a deposit in place. I also have a spare set of factory chrome wheels with BFG drag radials being sold separately, if interested. Though will only sell the spare wheels/tires if the car ends up selling. Have original window sticker and other assorted documentation from original purchase that will transfer with car. Pics available upon request. Car is extremely civilized / streetable for the power it produces. Have been from Richmond to Winston-Salem, NC and Blacksburg, Va (for 3 different Va Tech football games with no issues and great gas mileage to boot). Go Hokies! Email is [email protected]

Last edited:

cobra ke

Established Member
davidwhitt said:
Right up front. Blower on car is making noticeable continual noises even at idle but car runs fine as of now. Factory warranty has never been used so that could be a repair option if you know a mod friendly dealer and/or send it to Stiegemeier for a repair and port at same time. It is a one-owner Redfire Cobra coupe in otherwise pristine condition except for the blower noise. I assume the blower has either a snout issue or bearing issue of some sort. Used Eaton blowers seem to run $400-$500 or so. It has the factory chrome wheels (purchased new) that I added after I bought car in June 2004. Car has just under 10,000 miles on it. Tread on original tires is still good (50% or more in my opinion). It is garaged and essentially driven on weekends only. No accidents of any sort. Only real blemishes are where my left rear Magnaflow tailpipe was out of adjustment and discolored some of the black trim surrounding the tailpipe (on the rear valence). One fog light also has been cracked from a rock hit. Wheels and interior are in perfect condition. Also, I am a non-smoker and never eat or drink in this car. I have owned 3 Dodge Vipers so I am a real car "nut". Car has about 20 to 25 passes on it at the strip (best run "granny shifting" was 11.91 at 122 mph). My dad and I go down there and make 4 or 5 passes and go home. We like street nights best to beat up on the "local talent". Car usually runs over 120 mph in the 1/4 - very strong top end. It has never had a warranty claim of any sort (I did break my half shafts on very first pass at drag strip but upgraded them to DSS Level 2's at Amazon Racing). I run Mobil 1 5W-30 in it like I have all of my sports cars. Frequent oil changes as well. I am a busy Exec that is not looking to haggle or "play games" as I have been upfront re: the car's condition and price is extremely fair - want $22,000 FIRM. Buyer will need to have a cashiers check drawn on a bank with at least a branch office in Richmond, Va and/or wire funds direct. I can arrange to have title in hand at transaction closing if I have a serious buyer with a deposit in place. I also have a spare set of factory chrome wheels with BFG drag radials being sold separately, if interested. Though will only sell the spare wheels/tires if the car ends up selling. Have original window sticker and other assorted documentation from original purchase that will transfer with car. Pics available upon request. Car is extremely civilized / streetable for the power it produces. Have been from Richmond to Winston-Salem, NC and Blacksburg, Va (for 3 different Va Tech football games with no issues and great gas mileage to boot). Go Hokies! Email is [email protected]
looking to trade?

davidwhitt

Established Member
No trades - may buy another Viper - I have never noticed the tick or a vibe - it was built in the second run of '03 Cobras not the earlier first run

Users who are viewing this thread