03 Cobra Clutch and Flywheel

robs2000gt

Established Member
How do you guys like the setup in your Cobra's? My clutch went out on me today and i am thinking of picking up the Cobra kit with the flywheel and clutch. How are they holding up for those of you who added additional power? If they aren't holding up, what are you guys going with?

The clutch would be for my 2000 GT that currently has about 524rwhp/462rwtq, but i am expectng more power when i get a new tune done . Its a daily driver and never raced at the track, so no big clutch drops, speed shifting, etc, etc. Any time i launch the car its from idle. I am going to be putting on some 315 BFG 18" DR's soon, so the car wil be hooking up. I just wanted a streetable clutch that will hold up.

Last edited:

Buddy

Established Member
Originally posted by robs2000gt
How do you guys like the setup in your Cobra's? My clutch went out on me today and i am thinking of picking up the Cobra kit with the flywheel and clutch. How are they holding up for those of you who added additional power? If they aren't holding up, what are you guys going with?

The clutch would be for my 2000 GT that currently has about 524rwhp/462rwtq, but i am expectng more power when i get a new tune done . Its a daily driver and never raced at the track, so no big clutch drops, speed shifting, etc, etc. Any time i launch the car its from idle. I am going to be putting on some 315 BFG 18" DR's soon, so the car wil be hooking up. I just wanted a streetable clutch that will hold up.

Check out postban's earlier post about the D&D Super Performance clutch...sounds like a good alternative to the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread