03 cobra kicking out of reverse

gravey32

Established Member
i recently bought a 03 cobra.. 75,000 miles.. all the other gears go in fine and dont pop out.. but when u put it in reverse and start to go backwards, it will pop out... what is this????????

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
i recently bought a 03 cobra.. 75,000 miles.. all the other gears go in fine and dont pop out.. but when u put it in reverse and start to go backwards, it will pop out... what is this????????

Does the car have an aftermarket shifter? If so, check to see if the stops are there...it is recommended to REMOVE the stops or back them out completely as the T-56 has internal stops. If the shifter stops are there and are screwed in, maybe all you need to do is unscrew/remove them and everything will be fine. Good luck!

gravey32

Established Member
that i dont know.. it looks stock, has the stock knob and everything on it.. i called the transmisson place. and they said it mite be the syncronizers, which was pricey

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
that i dont know.. it looks stock, has the stock knob and everything on it.. i called the transmisson place. and they said it mite be the syncronizers, which was pricey

Before thinking about synchros, check the shifter as this is an easy and free fix! Just because the knob is stock doesn't mean the shifter is stock...many people put the stock knob on an aftermarket shifter! Try removing the boot and checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread