03 cobra on dfw stangs,cheap!!!

BlueDemon

Established Member
03 red cobra on dfw stangs.guy's askinh 11,500!not sure if he posted it here though,but worth the look!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm sure it's either a POS basket case or a scam...maybe not, but that'd be my guess

Anyway, the "$11,500!" does not justify the excitement conveyed without details.

tjblack03cobra

Established Member
i just talked ot the lady the tranny burnt out on it i offered 7500 with a rebuilt title broken tranny and they said no lol haha and 90 k miles

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
94,000 miles with a salvage title. That's why it's so cheap.
Shocking ;-)

If it sounds too good to be true...there's probably a sucker out there that will confirm it.

Last edited:

94lightning2292

slower traffic keep right
Established Member
Guys me and my buddy drove 3 hours yesterday to drive this car. Guy came to 11,000 cash which is why we drove up there. When we drove up the hood was up and we just figured he was gettin it ready for us to check out......NOT the case!!

He had a 2010 Camaro SS on his trailer and pulled this Cobra on a car dolly. He said he hit a chunk of concrete in the road, which caused the car to bounce and he thinks it's stuck in between gears. We cranked it up, left it in neutral and as we eased out on the clutch, the car started rolling forward. We could only get the car to move forward about a two feet at a time. He offered to sell us the car as is for $9,500. We tried 9,000, and he said no, so we went 9,250 and he still turned it down. After leaving and getting home, we were glad we didn't get it. There was too much about the car that didn't add up. The has been wrecked previously. He says he knows nothing about that. The left fender needs to be repainted....it's rough, as in you can see and rub it and feel the roughness. The bottom chin spoiler is pulled loose from the right side. The exhaust system looks like it was done by a 1st timer.....meaning, the pipes were not mandrel bent, they had surface rust all over them and the tips were turned sideways instead of up and down. We asked him how far he had driven it after he fixed the repairs and he said about 100 miles or so. Looking at the pulleys on the engine, they all had rust caked up on them, so that should prove they haven't been turned in a while. We believe him as far as he did pick it up at an insurance auction, but we think he patched up the car best as he could just to sell it. There's no way it has been driven anywhere since the damage. By the way, the reason he said there is a salvage title is from catastrophic drivetrain failure. He said the clutch had apparently exploded which did thefollowing damage......broke an ear off of the block, busted a hole in the transmission, cut the firewall, and cracked the underside of the hood. He said he welded the ear back on the block, which we couldn't see......said he welded the crack/hole in the transmission and put in a new clutch, pressure plate and throwout bearing, clutch cable and firewall adjuster from D&D Performance. He said the car was all stock, but it does have 60lb injectors in it. We couldn't tell about the lower pulley, but the upper was stock. I am 65fastback on dfwstangs and I did post a response on there telling him to call us when he got it fixed, but we are definitely not interested after we put this whole puzzle together and things just don't add up. I'm rarely on here but I wanted to see if he had posted this anywhere else and at least give everyone a heads up. If any of you have any questions feel free to either PM me or email me. I have never bashed anyone and really hate to post this in a way, but I think everyone on here deserves to know what this car is about. Be careful guys.
Later, Eric

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
POS basket case has been confirmed. Glad you posted it up...probably saved a few people a lot of time and money who'd otherwise be flying to check it out.

Last edited:

94lightning2292

slower traffic keep right
Established Member
POS basket case has been confirmed. Glad you posted it up...probably saved a few people a lot of time and money who'd otherwise be flying to check it out.
You're welcome. Glad we only wasted about 3 hours going, about 2 hours standing around trying to check it all out, then 3 hours going home, and a full tankof gas. I just wanted everyone to know what they would be looking at before they wasted the same time and money we did. The car might would be worth buying IF he would come off his $9,500 price like it sits, but he won't. Who knows what's actually wrong with the car, who knows how it's been treated, and who knows what it's going to take to fix it because it may not be just the transmission, it may be the irs too and 9,500 with that kind of potential damage is too high in my book. Plus, no matter what you do, you're still stuck with a salvage title car and by the time you fixed it, you would have to keep it because you wouldn't get your money back if you ever did want to sell it. I figure you would end up spending close to the same amount in this car to buy and fix as you would to buy a similar termi with similar mileage.

Does anyone know of a termi with high mileage, but has a good clear title for around $12,000?

Users who are viewing this thread