'03 Cobra Vs. '03 Z06

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
You do realize you contradict yourself here. His numbers are low...yet with a set of nice heads and a custom cam you top him about 30 rw? Come on now.
How is that? LS1's with bolton's and a good cam make around 400-410rwhp, so an LS6 (basically a mild H&C LS1) with a cam and bolton's makes the same hp with the better heads, that why I said it seemed a little low. Now knowing that the Z has a mild cam his numbers make more sense. My setup is mild as well, my cam is mild and barely lopes, most of my power comes from my heads not my cam. I never said that my car produces the highest HP numbers for all H&C LS1's. :shrug: come on now.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Run.

I think the z06's numbers are a little low.

Nuke, A 224 should gain more than 20hp. It should gain about 30-35 with a tune

Last edited:

Almo

Established Member
brasil said:
No disrespect, but even with a passenger, that Z would put a hurting on you. Your friend probably cannot drive at all, or was having serious issues with traction.

PS: Was your Cobra dynoed on a dynapack, instead of a dyno jet? If not, it is one of the highest HP Cobras with just and intake and exhaust, with no tune or pulley.

:dw: My Silver 04 Cobra with a K&N 12" and Flowmaster catback put down 434 on a Dynojet. Lots and lots of 03/04 Cobras have seen these numbers with the same mods.

Think few might be forgetting about numbers under the curve here... especially TQ numbers coming from the Cobra side are really shining in 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
King of torque is really a positive displacement blower on spray... there are guys on this site making 900+ torque at the wheels on a reasonable shot. :)

procs2v

Established Member
Nuke61 said:
A 224 cam is mild, a Z06 gets about 390 rwhp with intake and exhaust, so the cam added about 20 rwhp -- sounds about right for a mild cam setup. Oh, a C5 Z06 does NOT weigh less than 3100 lbs.

I looked them both up and a C5 Z06 curb weight is 3130 and Cobra is 3660 for a coupe. Given the conditions of extra weight for the Z06, extra horsepower and torque for the Cobra, drivers race is the outcome.

My 02 weighed 3050 with a 1/2 tank of gas

StangJason

Established Member
Almo said:
:dw: My Silver 04 Cobra with a K&N 12" and Flowmaster catback put down 434 on a Dynojet. Lots and lots of 03/04 Cobras have seen these numbers with the same mods.

Think few might be forgetting about numbers under the curve here... especially TQ numbers coming from the Cobra side are really shining in 2nd and 3rd.

Ditto just what I was getting at.

For those that don't believe this go to a website by a business called Trackmasters in Huntsville, AL (google it I'm lazy) and compare Vette dyno #s to 03/04 Cobra #s and you'll notice how much peakier Vette #s are compared to Cobra's.

Quik Z06

Established Member
I could see a drivers race with a good driver in the Cobra, but you guys need to run again and take it past 3rd gear. " I guarantee" the Z06 will start pulling away. Ive been there and done that, not to sound redundant. But the Z06 after 3rd when I was at about that power level would kill my Cobra.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
StangJason said:
For those that don't believe this go to a website by a business called Trackmasters in Huntsville, AL (google it I'm lazy) and compare Vette dyno #s to 03/04 Cobra #s and you'll notice how much peakier Vette #s are compared to Cobra's.

I don't even need to look at it, I was there and saw his dyno sheet against mine. Cobra seems to have a flatter torque curve as well... :)

Darth Invader

Is Your Dad
Established Member
only 412? must be a panzy ass cam. know the specs on it? we just tuned a 2002 Z06 the other day with a 230ish duration @.50 and it made 437 + its bolt ons..... the LS6 heads do make a difference...

StangJason

Established Member
Prey4Me said:
There is no nice way to say this so I'll just say it, sounds like your friend cant drive for shit. With his mods he should be pulling you even with a 200lb passenger. did you guys dyno at the same place? Your car's numbers are pretty high and his seem a little low (depending on his cam/tune). Not throwing the flag, but something is off with this story.

Not really a nice way to say this but you should probably go back to LS1.com with the other dillusional Chevy owners that think said "insert Chevy" is unbeatable.

StangJason

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
I could see a drivers race with a good driver in the Cobra, but you guys need to run again and take it past 3rd gear. " I guarantee" the Z06 will start pulling away. Ive been there and done that, not to sound redundant. But the Z06 after 3rd when I was at about that power level would kill my Cobra.

Sure the Vette may start puling away around 150mph but any real race should be way over by then so who cares :shrug: . My roll race against a Z06 making 430rwhp, sounded very nice with a cam hitting etc, never felt in doubt when I pulled an instant car length on him even after he got a slight jump on me from 50mph to +-120mph where he ended up just a half car or so behind my bumper. Funny how reality differs on the internet and the Chevy supporters take their best drivers against some poorly driven Cobra and any Vette loss is because of a poor driver or some other EXCUSE.

Quik Z06

Established Member
^ Haha please dont forget Ive owned both, and I went through 3 blowers on my Cobra so I got to run our Z06 with many different combos. You cant say it doesnt come down to driver, we all know that the lighter car "should" win if both similar in power.

Chevy supporters :D I dont care what it is, Ive owned probably 10 different makes in the last few years, sorry to burst your bubble but im not a fanboi. I just know what ive experienced, and of course everyones experiences will differ.

Users who are viewing this thread