03 Cobra Wheel on 96 Mustang GT

blucobra03

Established Member
I have a set of the original satin colored rims that came with my 03 Cobra when I first bought the car. This was when the chrome rims were not yet available. When they were available, I got the chrome rims and put them on the Cobra and boxed up these satin rims. I want to mount them on my 96 GT with a new set of Michelin Pilots and am wondering if the backspacing will work ok without having the tires stick out beyond the fender flares. Basically, I want the car to look like the stock 17" rims that the GT came with, only now the Cobra rims. Can anyone tell me if they have done this to their GT, and if so, how does it look ? As always, I appreciate the help guys :beer:

blucobra03

Established Member
4ValveMach, I see you are in Brevard County, FL. So am I. I live in Titusville, where do you hang you hat ? I have to also get a new set of tires for the GT, so I will take the rims with me and see how one looks after they mount the first tire on the front to make sure I have adequate clearance all the way around when I cut the steering wheel hard over either way. I also want to make sure it isn't sticking out too far. With just one inch, it shouldn't be too bad and will probably work out ok, as you said. I hated selling the Cobra, but it was not getting the road time it should, so it's better someone else enjoy it. Thanks or the tip and Merry Christmas :rockon:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I have them and still run a 1" spacer out back. Youll be fine, and it'll look great

Users who are viewing this thread