'03 Mach 1 for $23,000 Good deal? Help!!!!

thinkingSVTF

Established Member
I really need to know if I'm getting ripped off here. I live in Tulsa, and there are no Mach 1's around (at dealerships) but the one I'm looking at. It's an '03 black 5 spd with the interior appearance package, and only 1200 miles on the odometer. It is basically new, but being sold as used. I've driven it twice, and am impressed. The Machs rock! :rockon:

They want to give me $10,500 for my '02 SVT Focus which is in brand new condition - they even admitted that. I owe $2500 more than that on the Focus - so they want a final buy price of $25,500 on the Mach 1 taking into consideration the added on $2500. That comes to an even $23000 dollars for that Mach, and then the added on $2500 that I was expecting. Good deal? Yes or no? I can afford the 25,500 but I don't want to get screwed. I owe $2500 more on the Focus than it's worth, and I've been making extra payments! I don't want that to happen on the Mach!

It seems like their price might be high considering what I've read here, but I have no connections for discounts or anything. Please give me some feedback on this. I can't think of a better group of people to ask than you. :beer:

thanks, Joel

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if you can find a brand new 03 mach 1 buy that. they have been going for about 23-24K out the door because of the 4k discount on 03. the 04 mach 1 which is not that hard to find has a 3k rebate.

23 for a used mach 1 is high. i would not pay more than 20k for one. if you cant find new mach 1's locally go down to texas. i have heard of a few that have purchased thier mach 1 in texas for 23k to 25k out the door. thats the deal you want. good luck.

your right mach 1's do rock.

thinkingSVTF

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
if you can find a brand new 03 mach 1 buy that. they have been going for about 23-24K out the door because of the 4k discount on 03. the 04 mach 1 which is not that hard to find has a 3k rebate.

23 for a used mach 1 is high. i would not pay more than 20k for one. if you cant find new mach 1's locally go down to texas. i have heard of a few that have purchased thier mach 1 in texas for 23k to 25k out the door. thats the deal you want. good luck.

your right mach 1's do rock.

Thanks for the reply so quick ON D BIT! You have me thinking on this. I would really feel like this is a great deal, but now I don't know. This Mach is clean BTW, I mean it's really new, but probably an early '03 so I know the dealership probably paid more for it pre rebate. They were asking 26,900, and I got them down to 23,000. That would normally be a good deal. I really like this car, and it is flawless, so any more suggestions from anyone else closer to my area? I'm only asking that because I think ON D BIT is in Cali, and I'm in Oklahoma - quite a difference there.

Not discounting your info ON D 'cause you made me think hard about this car. Thanks for the quick response, and the info on Dallas. :)

Thanks for helping a noob - thinkingSVTF

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
I just want to say something about negotiating the final amount of a car with a dealership--the real negotiating begins *after* the final amount has been decided. Dealerships make their profit on the loan. Beware the loan figures, this is where they can really stick it to you. And don't ever tell them that you want to pay X amount of dollars per month or you'll be paying for the rest of your life.

Also, when you go to the financing department, check their paper work for "added" features that bump the final amount of the car up a few hundred dollars or so. This tactic is a dealership favorite.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I paid $23,655 out the door for my 03 and it was brand new. I'd offer them $20-21k. That seems to be the magic number for used 03 Mach 1s.

rtking

Established Member
I paid $23,395 + TTL for my brand new '03 Mach 1 w/IUP and Automatic Transmission about 2 weeks ago. For a brand new 5-speed car, subtract about $800.

As far as cars go, there's one for sale on www.mach1registry.com in the classifieds. It's torch red and the owner put 109 miles on it. THAT'S IT! So it's about as new as you'll get for a used car. He's asking $20,000 for it!

If you're hell-bent on taking the one from the dealer, I'd pay no more than $21,000 for that car. If you drove it around the block and pulled back into the dealer lot 5 minutes later and wanted them to buy it from you, I'd bet that they wouldn't give you more than $19,000 for it (probably less IMHO.)

As far as being "upside down" in your loan... American cars depreciate really, really fast. You'll almost always end-up upside down for the first 3.5 years in a 60 month loan. (That's assuming a low down payment.)

Bob

thinkingSVTF

Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Dude just go by a Mach 1 already!!:beer:

Alright, I did! hehe The Mach rules! :rockon:

This car is so damn cool. When ricers see me they check the car real quick then either look away fast or look down and drive away. When I had my SVT Focus those guys wanted to race all the time, now they know better. :lol:

I'm proud to join the ranks of the Mach1 owners. :-D I have to admit, I pretty much love this car. I already put in Silverstar headlights, got the badass alarm system, and did the raised shaker mod. Dark tint was already done. It looks tight! :beer: I finally own a car that I feel is special.

I'm used to the power of this thing already, but I guess it's just the way it deals with it. It is well within it's means, as long as you are a decent driver. When I put the peddle down, traffic just disappears. I'm getting used to the power, but I realize that it is bad ass car, just for the fact that nobody can keep up with me. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that life is good. :burnout:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread