03 Stall problems

K9cobra

Established Member
I was wondering if anybody knows what is going on with my cobra?
I have a 2.8 pulley a UPR intake and slp cat back with a diablosport tune.
Whenever I hit the gas and get into boost no matter the gear or if traction control is on or off, it feels like traction control comes on and and the car wants to shut off. Usually when I stop it does shut off, sometimes it will shut off immediately after the boost comes on. Then sometimes I can't start back up until I let it sit for a minute. This happens whether the car is properly warmed up or it's cold. It's not over heating either the temp is around 185 to 195 when warmed up. :shrug:
If this has already been posted sorry, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

K9cobra

Established Member
Also I don't get into the boost until around 3 to 4k RPM due to my air/fuel ratio. At 3500 it's around 12.5 and at around 4500 it hits 11.8

beabout

Established Member
Ford makes a reflash fix for stahl problem... If you have a custom tune return it to stock and have Ford take care of the reflash.. Then before you retune (if needed) insure that the tuner knows the new box code...

K9cobra

Established Member
Just got back from the dealership, was there for a little over 5 hours. I asked them to reflash the computer and find out what was wrong with it. Told them all the symptoms. They ended up replacing the fuel pump, which didn't fix the problem. fuel pump is not recieving power. PCM is sending it but once it hits the relay it loses it. They have to keep it until tomorrow. I asked if they reflashed it but they didn't. They shop forman said that he will get it done. I hope they can figure out what is wrong.

K9cobra

Established Member
Picked up my car today and the service writer said that they fixed it. They had to replace the MAF, FRP sensor, Fuel pump and the spark plugs all that plus the reflash. Got it fixed and so far running great. The service was awesome and they replaced the plugs for free along with everything else under warranty. :rockon: They said the final problem was the FRP sensor was bad, which happened to be the only real problem and also the last thing they fixed. Ford's loss, my gain.

Users who are viewing this thread