03 V6 Mustang needs a meaner look, help!

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
The wife just got a 2003 V6 coupe. Its a dark shade of Blue. It currently has factory 16" wheels. She LOVES it, its her 1st Mustang. The tires are in need of replacement, so I fugured I would try to find some 17" or 18" for it as a wheel and tire package, then maybe lower it about an inch all the way around and tint the windows. I'm wanting to give it a meaner look. Any suggestions or ideas of where to look? Any pics of this type of cosmetic upgrade would be appreciated.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
I saw a nice V6 the other day actually. Had a set of 18" chrome Bullits, a GT hood, and some dark tint. It also had black bumper inserts and tinted tails. The car was sonic blue, and was very tastefully done. I would do something along those lines to your wife's car.

spike_africa

Established Member
just get a set of GT take off wheels. You can noramlly grab them with tires for in the $500 and then you will have nice 17" rims with bigger tires cant beat it. IF i had a v6 thats the way i would go.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I take it she has a true blue color. Id go with some nice chrome wheels on it. Maybe some 17x9 chrome bullitts or FR500's. Even 18's would be nice to go with but of course you can get the 17" tires a ton cheaper.

Blackened GT

Established Member
18s or even 19s will fill out fenderwell nicely. Then drop it just a little not too much tho. I have 17x9s 03-04 cobra wheels and they just dont fill up the space at all. Some people call it the 4wd mustang haha but I like the weight transfer for drag racing.

Last edited:

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Pony package front grill, FR500/Bullitts Chrome, good dual exhaust, tint, drop, SCT.

then it will have a nice note, little performance bump, and sleek look

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
rim3.jpg
rim2.jpg
rim1.jpg
They arent the greatest pictures.. Its a 99 with black 18inch fr500s catted xpipe with flowmasters, CAI, and a diablosport tuner. http://youtube.com/watch?v=NUdRdCPEsOY Heres a small vid of the exhaust. I recommend mustangtuning.com, They have good prices on rims and free shipping on almost everything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread