04 cobra electrical issue???

04OxfordTermi

Established Member
I have a 2004 oxford white cobra and got the car as a roller with a sra swap. It had the interior all complete as well as the wiring harnesses under the hood so alls I had to do was put a motor and trans in the car along with the trans harness and made sure the ecu, sensor on the ignition, key, and guage cluster was all keyed together. Well went to fire the car up but the rear defrost is always on after you shut the key off, the milage on the cluster doesn't appear when you first turn the key on until you turn the car over quick along with no theft light in the dash and the fuel pump is not kicking on with the key. Checked the fuses and none were blown. Checked the switch in the trunk and its not tripped. Need help! Pm me if you can help thanks!

04OxfordTermi

Established Member
Not sure. If it is that'd be nice lol. We got the milage thing fixed car had the wrong power distribution box, but now we just don't have the fuel pump kicking on. Any suggestions?

04OxfordTermi

Established Member
After some research the pats should be ok, light is flashing how it should, all my other problems are gone except for were not getting the fuel pumps to work. Turn the key on and nothing. Checked the ccrm and switched it out with another one we had, checked the fuses and none were blown. Cleaned all the grounds we could find and still no fuel pump....

coposrv

Established Member
So the issue is basically down to the fuel pumps not cycling and everything else is ok?

coposrv

Established Member
Did you check the FPDM? Did you have the car before it was wrecked?

04OxfordTermi

Established Member
Got the car as a roller. Got the motor and trans from Eric on here and ran and drove in the car he had before it was pulled. Maybe the next step is to pull the tank and change the pumps? Checked the module in the passenger side wheel well since I had another so I know its not that. Has power back at the pumps but on the test light it was faint. The car did have a mach 1 power distribution box and ecu harness so that was changed. Not sure if something else could dcut the pumps besides them being bad.

Users who are viewing this thread