04 Cobra headlight assembly

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Mine are badly oxidized and I just want to replace the whole assembly. I would like to know who has replaced these and some good places / prices to get them from. THX

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
3m makes a headlight restoration kit plus some mustang forums(not this one) have wet sanding guides to making them CRYSTAL clear

This is true, however unless you put a 3m Clearbra on them (or equivalent) they will fade back faster than they did originally.

Sometimes if its bad enough its better to just buy new ones and keep them protected from day one.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
I would like a good quality aftermarket part. I dont want to pay fords price for this.

From first hand experience, there are no good quality aftermarket headlights. Most leak like a sieve. Your best bet is to replace with OEM. The best prices I found were through Tousley Ford (look under the Market section of the forum). That's where I bought mine after fussing with 2 sets of POS aftermarket ones!

snakebite72

Established Member
dont waste your money on aftermarket you will end up buying OEM, call Steve at Tously FORD and get a new OEM set ,trust me...

DE07GT

Established Member
From first hand experience, there are no good quality aftermarket headlights. Most leak like a sieve. Your best bet is to replace with OEM. The best prices I found were through Tousley Ford (look under the Market section of the forum). That's where I bought mine after fussing with 2 sets of POS aftermarket ones!

dont waste your money on aftermarket you will end up buying OEM, call Steve at Tously FORD and get a new OEM set ,trust me...

Maybe you've bought from the wrong place. I have the ones from American Muscle and they've been on for over a year with no problems. I also have aftermarket fog lights because the stock ones were filled with moisture and kept busting bulbs.

SicOne

Established Member
a simple 1000/1500 grit wet sand followed by a 2000 grit wet sand followed by a nice hard rub rubbing compond and they look brand new. you can clear them if you would like but this procedure takes all but 3 mins so if it happens again a year later bam done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread