04 cobra wont start.

-G-

hey guys my name Gerardo and recently bought an 04 cobra. car was running fine till one day it decided to die on me. i was parking the car when suddenly my foot slip off the clutch pedal and stalled. tried turning car back on but wouldnt start. engine does turn but wont start, did tried jump starting it using jumper cables but no help. i did notice earlier that day that my battery light kept flashing. so i took the battery to get checked out(after car wouldnt start) and it checked out good. i also notice that when trying to star the car the "theft" light blinks rapidly, dont know if this normal. any ideas of what it could be?..please help.

-G-

you might have tripped the fuel pump cut off switch. Have you checked for fuel pressure?

no sir i have not checked that. the only thing i checked was the switch it has in the trunk. found the switch on the DOWN position so i reset it but still wont turn on... might sound a bit ignorant to ask but how you check for fuel pressure?

Torch04RedSnake

Established Member
assuming you are on a stock fuel system...while cranking just have a friend press down on the schrader valve on the fuel rail and you should spit out some fuel. Easiest way i know besides getting an actual fuel pressure gauge. You are missing one of 3 things to start you car, Air, spark, or fuel... just gotta narrow them down one by one.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
It's not the alternator..
The fast blinking theft light makes me think that the anti-theft system may have gone out. Happened to me in another mustang i had. All it did was turn over, the system cuts off the fuel injectors. Probably should have that checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread