04 GT Stang Mods?

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I have an auto 04 Gt Mustang and I wanted to get your oppinions on CAI's. What would be a better choice, a JLT or K&N and also I read everywhere that everyone takes off the air-silencer. Is this hard to do, and what exactly is the advantage. Would I be able to put the CAI in myself (I have never done anything to a car) or with the help of a neighbor who is pretty good with... well everything.

The 04 has 17' rims and 9' wheels front and back, I really like how the 10.5' look in the back, whats a good tire and will I need a different rim? Hope I dont come off sounding to stupid I just dont know a lot about this stuff and I want to learn as much as fast as I can.

And lasty whats a good exhost set up to get, and what all would I need to fully redo the exhost. I like the sound of the H-pipe better the X, and the 3.5 tips look awsome, but other then that I am not sure of what all I would need and what company to be looking at.

Thanks for any and all info

Kentucky8113

GO BIG BLUE!!
Established Member
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/newv8m.htm

Heres a link to some good stuff to help you out. With the CAI, really they're not really worht as much hp as they are advertised but with the new plenum and throttle body you'll feel a pretty good gain. Mostly with throttle response. You can do this by youself as long as you know alittle about cars. Never working on them won't hurt you with this install since it is really easy. I have the Borla exhaust also on that page and to me, it's the best sounding one. But that is always just an opinion. If you do order from RPMoutlet, they are good people and have very good customer service. If you're wanting to put 10.5 inches out back you're going to have to go witha bigger rim. If you get a 10.5 inch wheel with some 315's out back it'll look great. Hope that helped out man.

joegt38

Established Member
Yeah don't waist your money on a CAI, drop in K&N and remove the silencer...

As Kentucky8113 said a T/B and Plenum is a good choice, then go with a MAF meter. I personly think the best mod would be a gear with a sticky tire (wider tire or DR).

Heres some Ideas.
Drop in K&N removed silencer
Full xhaust... Headers, if stayin N/A a catted x-pipe and cat back.
T/B, Plenum and MAF Meter
Timming adjuster
Pulleys
4.10 gear with a good tire.

Or you can go a different route and check out my sig...

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Thanks for all the great info, he is what I have come up with.....

Take off air silencer put on K&N air filter
C&L True Flow Intake Plenum with MAC 75mm Throttle body
Borla Cat Back
4.10 gear
Timeing Adjuster
I was a little comfused, would I have to get the first item on this list, or could I just go with the third one? http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8asp.htm
Bullitt replicas 17x10.5 5-114.3 28S
For the wheels I was looking at the Nitto NT 555R DR but how will they handle every day driving including in the rain?
Thanks again for all the info tell me what you think of this stuff

Joegt38 do you have any interior pics of your car, how do those white guages look??? Both of you have sweet cars

Here are come pics, I dont know how to post them but click the link and go to "My Mustang"
My Mustang

Last edited:

dalamar_96

Established Member
Thats is a good list to start with. What you've got there will do good.
Performance wise, you won't see much gain from the TB.
If you're staying NA I wouldn't do hedders. (unless you really want to.) Expensive!
Don't waste your time on short tubes. Mid length or long if you decide to do em.

I've got Nitto 555R's on my car. They handle great. Their better and quieter than
the Pirelli P7000's I had before. I really like em. They do fine in the rain.

If your going with new wheels, why not get 18"?
Good luck with your mods.

joegt38

Established Member
MvKeeper said:
Thanks for all the great info, he is what I have come up with.....

Take off air silencer put on K&N air filter
C&L True Flow Intake Plenum with MAC 75mm Throttle body
Borla Cat Back
4.10 gear
Timeing Adjuster
I was a little comfused, would I have to get the first item on this list, or could I just go with the third one? http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv8asp.htm
Bullitt replicas 17x10.5 5-114.3 28S
For the wheels I was looking at the Nitto NT 555R DR but how will they handle every day driving including in the rain?
Thanks again for all the info tell me what you think of this stuff

Joegt38 do you have any interior pics of your car, how do those white guages look??? Both of you have sweet cars

Here are come pics, I dont know how to post them but click the link and go to "My Mustang"
My Mustang
Sorry I have no interior pics. I will have some soon tho.
The gauges look much better then stock, I'll tell ya that much

DocHolliday01

Established Member
wide 18 in tires are expensive. plus i believe they only have a 305 series DR, as opposed to the 315 you can get on a 17. and yeah i would say gears would be the best first mod.

DocHolliday01

Established Member
MvKeeper said:
The 04 has 17' rims and 9' wheels front and back, I really like how the 10.5' look in the back, whats a good tire and will I need a different rim? Hope I dont come off sounding to stupid I just dont know a lot about this stuff and I want to learn as much as fast as I can.

what wheels do you currently have?? if they are the stockers i believe they are 17's 8in wide.

Users who are viewing this thread