04 Marauder 2 qts low

Phoenix Fire

Established Member
my folks have a 2004 mercury marauder has about 55K miles and is serviced by ford. About 6 months ago they put a new oil filter adapter on it cause it was leaking. Now my father checked the oil and it was low around 2 qts. No oil is dripping and not smoking and we checked the pcv valves. We cant track anything down and neither can ford. Anyone have any clues what it could be with this car? Its starting to drive us nuts thanks in advance.

Merc-O-matic

Established Member
my folks have a 2004 mercury marauder has about 55K miles and is serviced by ford. About 6 months ago they put a new oil filter adapter on it cause it was leaking. Now my father checked the oil and it was low around 2 qts. No oil is dripping and not smoking and we checked the pcv valves. We cant track anything down and neither can ford. Anyone have any clues what it could be with this car? Its starting to drive us nuts thanks in advance.

Try asking that question on the Motor City Marauder Net....
some real good "gearheads" over there!

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Right amount?

Make sure the right amount of oil is getting put in initially. My MM takes 6.5 quarts w/ filter change. The owners manual says 6qts.

Bracketbomber

Established Member
oil use

Is this a DD? 'Cause 6months between checking is quite a long time. Either way that's some usage.
Well, when I complained about the infamous blue smoke on start up, the Ford reps stated that 1.5quarts per 1000 miles is normal usage for oil. Now, maybe back in 1961 that was the norm, but, in these days of exacting tolerances, they're full of shit. Call and complain until they can give you an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread