05 Shelby's ????

Big 8

Established Member
I have been reading threads here about HP out put on the 05GT and 05/06 Cobra. Lots of speculation????

Anyway I have read that Ford and Shelby have signed a deal. No real details yet. I however am guessing that this deal will spawn a GT350 and GT500. As well a a Cobra coupe. Thats the stuff I have read.

I am thinking they wont be truly hard core, but more like the Bullitt amd Mach 1 editions. Very limeted with mostly bolt on upgrades and appearence pkgs.

Anyone else have any guesses or info on the Shelby relationship?

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Visit their factory in Vegas and ask. They have tours everyday at 1030. That would be cool. I know that he is ending the production runs of the Shelby series 1 and upgrading it

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I would hope that at this point in his career, that CS will see it through to have the Daytona Coupe brought to market through Ford. As for modern versions of the GT 350 and GT 500 Shelby Mustangs, that would be nice too. However, I would hope that the Daytona Coupe is really a serious car - something to provide stiff competition for the Viper/Z06 crowd.

SVT4ME

Established Member
One would think but its alll about selling cars. What ever the market wants it usually gets

Anthochoritis

Established Member
Yes, Shelby and Ford are now official. He was unofficial there for a while as a senior consultant on the Ford GT project. The next Mustang will be Shelby's new toy to play around with. I think Ford is going to help out Shelby American too.

MightyMo

Established Member
03 Cobra's are the big dog on the block for now.. enjoy it while it lasts..
I think the new Muscle Car era is just getting started..

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
If rumors hold true there will be a 2005 Shelby GT350 and GT500, also it appears that there will be a Hertz edition built. If so you can sign me up for a black/gold one right now:)

Users who are viewing this thread