07 Shelby GT500 Coupe

commando

Established Member
03greygt1 said:
I don't think the premium will last because of how slow they are. The 03, 04 cobras are the way to go.

Slow? HA! I owned an 03 cobra tenth aniv. modded to hell. pullied 2.76, x-pipe, custom tune putting down big power and I raced a GT500 with only the axleback exhaust and we were about even. Whoever got the jump would win. They are getting >800rwhp out of these cars with a just blower swap and will own any terminator around (besides TT)

asperformance

Banned
Haven't seen anyone getting 800 RWHP out of an 07, Even with the KB only seen them put down like 688. I can tell you my stock 03 Cobra out run my stock 07 Shelby all day long, shelby went 12,90 03 went 12,40 with 48 miles on it. So to me the shelby was on the slow side espically for a over priced car.

commando

Established Member
asperformance said:
Haven't seen anyone getting 800 RWHP out of an 07, Even with the KB only seen them put down like 688. I can tell you my stock 03 Cobra out run my stock 07 Shelby all day long, shelby went 12,90 03 went 12,40 with 48 miles on it. So to me the shelby was on the slow side espically for a over priced car.

Check out Evolution performannce's website and Kenne Bell's website.

bone

Established Member
commando said:
Slow? HA! I owned an 03 cobra tenth aniv. modded to hell. pullied 2.76, x-pipe, custom tune putting down big power and I raced a GT500 with only the axleback exhaust and we were about even. Whoever got the jump would win. They are getting >800rwhp out of these cars with a just blower swap and will own any terminator around (besides TT)
modded to hell you would have tore his ass up! a guy comes to the track sometimes in his gt500 and it runs real high 12s and low 13s sometimes!

Last edited:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Wow this thread is old as hell.

Either way get rid of these losers with their blue balling for potential buyers.

Kimcobra

Established Member
I agree,10 to 15K over sticker price is just f***in stupid,but hey someone will buy it and then try and make money on it later.As far as it being as fast as an 03 or 04,My 04 went 11.9 with 900.00 worth of mods on it.I have personaly seen a GT 500 with gears,tune,exhaust,tires run 12.2,don't think they are faster..But they are heavier,now mod for mod yes they might be fatser but $$$ for $$ not even close..Just my .02

Sharkster

Established Member
seems like there are lot of dealership people still smoking crack

Wait until they release the new camaro and challenger.... bunch of dealerships will be sitting with lots of inventory they cant move

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
10-15k over is stupid. Best deal i heard was from a guy at the track i went to. Says the dealer would sell his for 3,000 over msrp if he can find another buyer who would buy 7k over. He found a friend and they made the deal.

flyboygeo

Established Member
SharksterWait until they release the new camaro and challenger.... bunch of dealerships will be sitting with lots of inventory they cant move[/QUOTE said:
I'm with ya on that comment!!

$500 - $1000 over sticker is fine, but come on $15000, what BS!! We need more people to hold out..... to many just throw money around!

Users who are viewing this thread