1/8th mile runs on ET Streets - Vids inside

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I'm ready for some track time.

dgussin1 said:
bring your shelby out to lacr tomorrow!

I don't even have time right now to drive a hour to my local track, let alone 6+ hours! :D

Too many family members born in September, there is some type of dinner party/bbq every day it seems like. My daughter Shelby had hers on Friday :thumbsup:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
I concur seeing the shelby sideways a bit is always a nice sight. Also yeah ummm those times are definitely not too shabby. Kudos bro.

Steve

Yellow Horse

Established Member
TEABG said:
That tire looks like a GUMBALL! Thing is old......

Tires look very good to me with little wear.

Dgussin, are you heating them up. MT's website says you do not need to heat them up more than a couple of seconds but that just isn't true. You need to put at least 7-10 seconds of heat into them. A 1.80 sixty footer is not very good. You should be able to pull low 1.6x's easily. I just put a set of line locks on a buddies 03 and it is slick. I recommend putting a line lock on each wheel though. It still beats the crap out of holding the brake.

bunk22

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I wasn't planning on it. Doesn't fontana get stupid busy. I think I may leave for Chicago this weekend.

Yes, stupid busy. Almost isn't worth it but I'm moving to Florida on 1 Oct and there isn't a 1/4 mile track within 4-5 hours so this is my last chance with my new mods. Your 1/8th mile times look solid for So Cal. My best in the 1/8th has been [email protected] with 377rwhp/358rwtq SAE at 2500' DA (Barona). Corrects to an 8.2@92 so still not quite there with your GT500. You GT500 guys are going to upset us regular C6 drivers with minimal mods :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread