10.5" disc on 11" pressure plate? help what to do?

wrxfc3s

boost for life baby!
Established Member
So I took my 03 to get clutch put on and the shop wouldn't. The clutch kit I bought consists of a ceramic disc 10.5" and the pressure plate it came with is 11". Basically the disc friction material is only about 3/4 in contact w/ the pressure plate. Being that this is a cermic disc there really isn't much room for wear but still have the edge of a pressure plate riding through the middle of the disc material doesn't seem to be an ideal situation.

So now I don't know what to do. I was expecting to have to get a flywheel but not sure which one. My car has almost 60k on it. The current TOB is squeling on partcial engagment but I can still drive the car.

So yeah, I'm an idiot for buying this, but I bought one for my WRX and I've been running about 8000k miles on it at 300whp.

So for those who want to flame me, yes it's the cheap ebay clutch. XTD stage 3.:bash:

The guy that sold it too me assured me that it would be ok... any ideas?

wrxfc3s

boost for life baby!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
so put an 11" clutch in it. or are you asking something different?

I just was wondndering what everyone thought on whether it would work or not. At this point I'm really curious and want to try it. The guy from the vendor keeps telling me he's sold many of these to other cobra owners, I just can't seem to find any of them..

Users who are viewing this thread