10 to 26spline input shaft

03snakeminated

Established Member
getting ready in 2-3 weeks to swap out the stock clutch for a spec 3, but in the process it would be smart to also do the input shaft if there isn't a lot more 'work' involved, so that's my question, I already have a quote to do just the clutch and resurfacing the stock flywheel, but how much more of a pita/cost would be to do the input shaft? in my previous car (srt-4) I broke the stock input shaft from a hard 3-4 shift and the had to go inside the tranny to replace it, wondering how is it done with the terminators t56's, any inputs would be appreciate it, thanks

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
The input is easy to get to, you just need to make sure that you get shims and shim it properly on install. You need a dial indicator to check endplay.

As far as the R&R part of the input shaft it is fairly easy.

Thanks,
T.J.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
It is a pretty easy install. With the trans out and changing the clutch it would be stupid not to change it. For one if you broke it after the new clutch was installed you would have to purchase a new clutch after for the new spline shaft. But all in all a shop shouldnt charge too much to install a new shaft for ya while the trans is out.

Users who are viewing this thread