$1000 sure goes quick in this hobby!

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I just got laid off. Now I get to sit around all day and think of all the things I want to do to the car. I need to find a nice inexpensive time consuming project for the car.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
I hear ya man, $1K goes pretty quick when you decide to start modding, but the results you get make it worth it.

I'm in SA too and I have one of Doug's pulley pullers if you want to borrow it or need some help. I also have the 2.76 with 4 idlers in silver/bling if you want to see what they look like on the car.

Another member here and I pulled both my blower and his to send to Steg. so if you need any help with that, just let me know. :beer:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
That's why I get everything off ebay and the market...lol
2.8pulley- 40
Idler- 100
Intake- 125
Predator- 225
Tune- 125
Catback- 420
Nitto's- 420
=1455

davbrucas

Banned
03blacksnake said:
I hear ya man, $1K goes pretty quick when you decide to start modding, but the results you get make it worth it.

I'm in SA too and I have one of Doug's pulley pullers if you want to borrow it or need some help. I also have the 2.76 with 4 idlers in silver/bling if you want to see what they look like on the car.

Another member here and I pulled both my blower and his to send to Steg. so if you need any help with that, just let me know. :beer:

outstanding! we need to hook up one day...i plan on sending my blower/TB/plenum to stieg next month as well. the puller would be excellent. i am waiting on my predator/tunes from RWTD now so i wont be ready to install for at least 2wks. email me a number where i can reach you. wouldnt mind seeing your car!

david
[email protected]

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
magstang1 said:
I just got laid off. Now I get to sit around all day and think of all the things I want to do to the car. I need to find a nice inexpensive time consuming project for the car.

Paint some interior pieces. paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, paint, dry, wet sand, clearcoat, dry, wet sand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand, clearcoat, dry, wet sand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand, clearcoat, dry, wet sand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand, clearcoat, dry, wetsand,

That ought to keep you occupied for a while. Or if you are like me, you get a little too involved with projects and buy a 12 pack and work on it for 15 hours straight :beer:

BenD

Established Member
Wrong terminology!

Owning one of these cars does not turn into a hobby....it soon becomes an ADDICTION, like Gambling and Cocaine. Very very difficult to kick the hold it has on you. I've been trying for nearly three years now with little or no success. It's just plain awful, but I love every minute of it!!!

ANIVNM

Established Member
$1000 is squat considering this sickness most of us have. I spent over $21,000 in 18 months on my Corvette, that is why I bought a Cobra, I can spend 1/4 that and get twice as much power. It does go fast!! As soon as the Corvette sells, the cash is going into the Cobra...looking for at least 600 RWHP. Got a great deal on the Cobra though! 2004 w/9000 miles for $25,800.

Last edited:

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
C'mon guys. $1,000 here, $5,000 there... Get serious and spend $20K on getting one converted to RHD!! :)

And now I have to convince myself to spend another $8K on mods - freight and taxes to Oz are KILLING ME :cuss:

I look at it this way, just spend the money then work like mad to pay back the bills. The first time someone says - "Hey Buddy - Nice (insert modded part here)" it's all worth it. :pepper:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
Yeah, I'm well over 10K.. I don't even count any more, but I know it's more than 10K

I know that feeling...I kept count til I bought the new blower...now it's just a headache trying to figure out why I would spend $30k on a car, then drop another $15k in additions??? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread