10's with the IRS?

RDY2STRK

Established Member
I recently went to the track and ran 11.3 @ 129mph.....I was wondering if it is possible( and how long the rear would last) to run 10.8's or so with the stock IRS? I have installed bushings and KB brace.

97CobraTT

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra
Established Member
RDY2STRK said:
I recently went to the track and ran 11.3 @ 129mph.....I was wondering if it is possible( and how long the rear would last) to run 10.8's or so with the stock IRS? I have installed bushings and KB brace.

Well what was your 60ft? Personally I think your car is more than capable of it with your trap speed but I could be wrong. To ask how long the rear end will last however is tricky. Some cars seen the track once and bamm broken pieces everywhere, and others are on 200+ track runs and still holding strong. It's like rolling the dice but you can definately make sure it's built to handle it and I don't see a major problem with yours.

whitey03

Established Member
RDY2STRK said:

There are a few cars already in the 10s with the stock IRS, and there are a handful in the 9s.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
There are alot of guys such as Broke 7 who have gone 10's w/ the stock irs w/ only a diff brace. It is very possible to do it but i think ur on a fine line. I switched to a solid and havnt looked back.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
Here is a site of a guy that has done quite a bit if running with the 99 IRS. He also has a good wealth of information logged about the IRS and some good inspection information and pictures for 1/2 shaft failures.

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/

Users who are viewing this thread