'11 GT | O/R H + GT500 AB + 100 shot = 7.26 @ 95mph

Kiohtee

Established Member
Other mods consist of SR springs, SR shifter and 15" LMR Drag wheel/tire kit. Spraying from 3-6K. Shifting as close to 7K as I can.

60 FT: 1.49
1/8 ET: 7.26
1/8 MPH: 95

Untitled by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

DaBigBone

Established Member
Nice! That's a solid 60'. Been looking at that same wheel/tire combo as well

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks! You definitely should get it man, they're solid wheels/tires!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Next time out try shifting as soon as you feel the nitrous shut off. You're running an extra 1000 RPMs without that extra nitrous power. Plus, your peak power is probably lower on nitrous anyway.

I picked up like 2 mph in the 1/4 by shifting on the bottle at 6000 instead of 6700 (and that was spraying all the way to 6700 even).

I wouldn't be surprised if you went 100 in the 1/8 by shifting lower. Hell my tired old car goes 94 in the 1/8 with probably 100 less hp.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Next time out try shifting as soon as you feel the nitrous shut off. You're running an extra 1000 RPMs without that extra nitrous power. Plus, your peak power is probably lower on nitrous anyway.

I picked up like 2 mph in the 1/4 by shifting on the bottle at 6000 instead of 6700 (and that was spraying all the way to 6700 even).

I wouldn't be surprised if you went 100 in the 1/8 by shifting lower. Hell my tired old car goes 94 in the 1/8 with probably 100 less hp.

This sounds like a good idea. At least in theory. Only one way to find out though...

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
It worked for me anyway and I was happy. Faster car and less wear and tear on the engine. Win/ win.

Good luck next time out!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Guess this means I have to give up WOT shifting though? That's gonna suck.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Guess this means I have to give up WOT shifting though? That's gonna suck.

I still shift with the foot to the floor. I just do it at a lower rpm. I assume you use an rpm window switch... as long as your nitrous shuts off before the rev limiter kicks on you'd be fine even if you were to miss a shift.

You dont want to spray into the rev limiter but if you have an rpm window switch its a non issue. Keep your right foor planted and grab the next gear- and keep us updated with the results!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I still shift with the foot to the floor. I just do it at a lower rpm. I assume you use an rpm window switch... as long as your nitrous shuts off before the rev limiter kicks on you'd be fine even if you were to miss a shift.

You dont want to spray into the rev limiter but if you have an rpm window switch its a non issue. Keep your right foor planted and grab the next gear- and keep us updated with the results!

Gotcha. And yeah, it's controlled by TPS and a window switch. I'm on a 150 shot now, and damn does this thing pull like a train!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Launching at 4500. Definitely agree that I need to extend my spray window since I'm still turning an additional 1k. May set it to 6700 or 6800. Wanna leave a 200-300rpm window just in case.

RushGotti

Established Member
Damn, Goals right there! I was only able to put down 8 seconds in the 1/8 with the mods in my sig... But I had 91 race tune.

I want 100-150 shot as well, that's a nice time!

Users who are viewing this thread