13/14 shifter in 11/12 automatic? Possible??

Smith3535

Established Member
How hard would it be to swap a 13/14 shifter from an automatic car into my auto 11 ?? What all would I need? I wanna be able to have selective gears

yngrshr

Established Member
Tap shift sucks. I don't see any reason why you'd want it unless you were putting paddles on the car instead of that stupid shifter select crap.

nonliberal

Established Member
Tap shift sucks. I don't see any reason why you'd want it unless you were putting paddles on the car instead of that stupid shifter select crap.

Select shift is great! You're just using it wrong. lol
You can use it to select your gear and hold it for data logs and dyno. Also it's great for roll racing because you can hold the desired lower gear to take off as hard as possible. As soon as you take off click it back up in D and let the car do the rest.

It isn't great for actually going through the gears though.

CorDog009

Established Member
Mine is only useful for holding 1st gear to get some speed up before going WOT. Then click it back up to D. Even then the tires spin pretty bad, but manually shifting using the button gives me about a second to second & a half delay between shifts, unloads the rear, then blows the tires off and has me all over the road. I'll use it when easing through parking lots to stay in 1st and get a little more sound ;-)

Last edited:

Action Bronson

Established Member
You can use it to select your gear and hold it for data logs and dyno. Also it's great for roll racing because you can hold the desired lower gear to take off as hard as possible. As soon as you take off click it back up in D and let the car do the rest.

^^ This...only reasons I use it, especially for roll racing. Otherwise for street driving I leave it in S mode. On the highway I leave it in D.

20redfire03

Established Member
I'll use it around town at times but actually trying to shift with it sucked. I feel its one of the features I'd rather have than not have since there could be times it will have a use.

5.0jake

Established Member

^^^THIS!!^^^
I love my tap shift for the above reasons. However; I could see one being disappointed if they're expecting it to react and have the control of a manual...

Users who are viewing this thread