'13 GT with boss springs?

Clucas

Established Member
So, I did a search and found some info, but i was looking for a little more clarity.

I've got a '13 GT that is pretty much stock right now. I don't want to lower it or anything, I've had a lowered car in the past and i don't want to have to worry about the roads/speed bumps/railroad tracks that much. I do however want to get rid of some of the "floatiness" that i have right now. I kind of want to get rid of some of that nose in the air, and to the ground under throttle and braking. I also want to tighten it up going around curves just a bit.

How would a set of stock Boss 302 springs help out? Would they tighten it up to a noticeable level, or would it not really be worth it? I don't really want to get into swapping suspension parts yet. I'll wait to get into that until it is time to replace the stock parts do to wear.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
So, I did a search and found some info, but i was looking for a little more clarity.

I've got a '13 GT that is pretty much stock right now. I don't want to lower it or anything, I've had a lowered car in the past and i don't want to have to worry about the roads/speed bumps/railroad tracks that much. I do however want to get rid of some of the "floatiness" that i have right now. I kind of want to get rid of some of that nose in the air, and to the ground under throttle and braking. I also want to tighten it up going around curves just a bit.

How would a set of stock Boss 302 springs help out? Would they tighten it up to a noticeable level, or would it not really be worth it? I don't really want to get into swapping suspension parts yet. I'll wait to get into that until it is time to replace the stock parts do to wear.

I was looking for the same thing and went with a gt500kr kit. You can get them with strut mounts for around $300 delivered. You'll drop minimally, a half inch in the back and a 1/4 in front, and tighten things up nicely. It's the best bang for your buck IMHO.

86Fbody

Established Member
Don't go with Boss springs, if Boss guys are getting rid of them because of floatiness then you will probably feel the same and have wasted your money. Even though you don't want a drop you can do the P springs, 1 inch lower and you won't have issues with any of the a fore mentioned things.

87hatchy

Established Member
Yeah I wouldn't do Boss springs. I think the P springs are actually a popular swap for the Boss 302 guys. P springs lower only about 3/4" - 1". I have them on mine and love them.

Clucas

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I'll look into the P springs. I just saw the boss springs being sold for a like $100, and i thought that may have been a good option for getting rid of the float.

Users who are viewing this thread