'14 track package has old clutch pedal assembly?

DynamiteBlues

Established Member
I just did the DIY clutch fix on my '14 track pack.. and while i did notice a firmer and more consistent feel, I noticed my pedal now doesn't return all the way back to the top, if i put my foot under the pedal i can lift the clutch pedal back up another +/- (1/2"). I went back under to make sure everything was re-installed correctly and I noticed that there is no spring around the shaft on the clutch in my assembly which ensured it returns all the way to the top like my brake pedal. So technically its keeping the clutch ever so slightly depressed. Its like my '14 has the old original '11 assembly that is in the sticky above in this section. Anyone else's '13+ assembly missing the shaft spring on the clutch? should I re-install the helper spring ?

IMG_20140729_201640254_zpsfvmexzxq.jpg

draxxus131

Established Member
It has been proven that Ford just kept slapping on old and new parts on various Mustangs just to get them out the door. Many people have reported the same exact thing you have with your pedal assembly. Others have even reported boss 302 oil coolers, boss 302 camshafts, boss 302 rotating assembly and even oil squirters being deleted out of the Coyote engine. These are items they never even paid for, really not something to complain about, more to appreciate that they have it w/o even asking for it. But in your case, definitely buy an aftermarket clutch assembly when you can out of warranty. This will make your life a whole lot easier down the road.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
What color was your helper spring? I just did the updated pedal swap because I broke the old one trying to remove the helper. The spring on the new assembly is red.

redline5.0

Established Member
I broke the little ear that holds the clutch switch on top of the pedal.

Ops that sucks, I spent like an hour trying to get the pin out and got pissed, then I just put a screw driver in the helper spring and broke it out....works great now lol.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Ops that sucks, I spent like an hour trying to get the pin out and got pissed, then I just put a screw driver in the helper spring and broke it out....works great now lol.

Yeah I didn't do it that way because I ended up putting the helper back in. Didn't like the saggy pedal feeling.

draxxus131

Established Member
What was changed on the clutch pedal assembly, and what makes the 'new' one better?

they just took the helper spring that was vertical and put it on the main fulcrum post, so instead of [] lower on the pedal it is now = on top of the pedal. So basically vertical to horizontal and re-located on the top post. A plethora of people have gone in and they did all the TSB's for the clutch pedal issues, none truly worked; reports of positive and negative feedback. Some on the other hand were "fixed" majority of those people replied back on svtp almost 1 year later and stated that the clutch pedal "sticking" issue is still occurring.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
So, is removing the spring from the new assembly just as easy as the old one?

I'm planning on removing mine tomorrow, and I have a '13, not sure which pedal assembly it came in, but I'm trying to make sure I have the tools I need to get the job done either way.

Users who are viewing this thread