15 stock engine limitations

BMR Tech

How much do you think a forged piston option would cost?

Trick question, really. If you are talking strictly cost involved with the parts, and production....I wouldn't see it being more than $1500 - $2000.

I mean, you can get a stock Coyote engine right now for $6000 - or a Boss 302 engine for $10500. There are a lot more differences than forged pistons, when comparing the two.

BMR Tech

I guess I could have just compared the OEM Coyote for $6200 shipped / VS an Aluminator with Forged Everything, AND oil pump gears for $8000 shipped.

So, to answer - not much (in terms of production costs)

They should offer a factory aluminator for $5500 upgrade price. That would be insane.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
I think it could go either way ... throw in a package with billet oil pump gears, Forged pistons, and possibly go old school like offer some sort of an LX type option with reduced amenities for weight reductions and you have a winner in my eyes. Then use the money they save in reduced options and apply it to the "goodies" and round it off for a 5-7K option pkg and you would have a real winner in my eyes that would appeal to the hardcore. Sure they may not sell a ton of these but the fact Ford took the initiative to please its "loyal" followers would only firm up the relationship with the Mustang and the racing community for both Drag and Road course individuals.

BMR Tech

I think it could go either way ... throw in a package with billet oil pump gears, Forged pistons, and possibly go old school like offer some sort of an LX type option with reduced amenities for weight reductions and you have a winner in my eyes. Then use the money they save in reduced options and apply it to the "goodies" and round it off for a 5-7K option pkg and you would have a real winner in my eyes that would appeal to the hardcore. Sure they may not sell a ton of these but the fact Ford took the initiative to please its "loyal" followers would only firm up the relationship with the Mustang and the racing community for both Drag and Road course individuals.

Make them a limited run of say, 3500 models a year....and they'd have problems limiting themselves to the production #..

I would gladly pay $38K or so, for a stripper car with a forged engine. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

93SVTvenom

Established Member
Make them a limited run of say, 3500 models a year....and they'd have problems limiting themselves to the production #..

I would gladly pay $38K or so, for a stripper car with a forged engine. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

38k I wouldn't sweat either ... Problem is the wife would be driving it too and she LOVES buttons and amenities. I am building a 93 Cobra for my "Early" retirement gift to myself (prefer foxes) so I would do the built option ... but get her the amenities she likes ... so I can/could FI later down the road:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread