1999 with 4K miles- value?

Silver95

Established Member
All original. Original owner. All the documents. (Window sticker, bill of sale, etc)

The truck is flawless inside and out. Has a front bumper that’s been drilled for a plate.

Any ideas what this truck is worth? No it is not mine so please spare me the PMs lol.

I’m well aware that a 03/04 is worth more money for a couple differences. To me these I consider negligible.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
A low mile (can't remember exact mileage), spotless '03/4 just sold on BAT for 38.5

There's a thread somewhere, look that one up

JeffsLightning

Established Member
99's were prone for intercooler leaks so having that changed to the better 01 and up is a major Plus.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
99's were prone for intercooler leaks so having that changed to the better 01 and up is a major Plus.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You can't just change the intercooler.

The recall was a mutt setup.

A clean 99 in stock form with those miles is probably a 40k truck to the right buyer.

A 9k mile truck sold for 33k when the market was hotter.

You may find the difference negligible but the market disagrees. The 99-00 just do not pull the same money.

Silver95

Established Member
You can't just change the intercooler.

The recall was a mutt setup.

A clean 99 in stock form with those miles is probably a 40k truck to the right buyer.

A 9k mile truck sold for 33k when the market was hotter.

You may find the difference negligible but the market disagrees. The 99-00 just do not pull the same money.

You’re right. They don’t. The 03/04s bring the most money.

However, for someone like me that’s looking at a collector quality piece. Condition prevails all else.

I’d rather a clean 99/2000 with little mileage and a squeaky clean history and no mods vs a sonic blue 03/04 that’s been battered, modded and not taken care of.

Dusten

Established Member
You’re right. They don’t. The 03/04s bring the most money.

However, for someone like me that’s looking at a collector quality piece. Condition prevails all else.

I’d rather a clean 99/2000 with little mileage and a squeaky clean history and no mods vs a sonic blue 03/04 that’s been battered, modded and not taken care of.

You're not comparing apple to apples.

Silver95

Established Member
Of course not. But a lot of people seem to think the way I outlined it above. I see people thinking their clapped out 03 is better then a cherry 99/2000. I love my 99 w 10k miles. Sure, I’d like to have the 3:73 rear end. That would definitely be noticeable

Dusten

Established Member
Of course not. But a lot of people seem to think the way I outlined it above. I see people thinking their clapped out 03 is better then a cherry 99/2000. I love my 99 w 10k miles. Sure, I’d like to have the 3:73 rear end. That would definitely be noticeable

And shocks. Drive line. Heads. Intercooler. Maf. Steering wheel. Colors. There are a lot that make the later trucks more desirable.

But I'm in neither camp. I can't own a stock truck. Mines got 60-70k invested and makes dumb power.

Users who are viewing this thread