1st and 2nd gear transmission rattling noise

CobraEd

Established Member
Whats the deal with the rattling noise in first and second gear? I read all the other threads on this and many people have it, but no one appears to know the actual cause or if there is a fix. Any newer info on this? I am going to call SVT today.

Ed

CobraEd

Established Member
Normal

Well I just called SVT and they said that the noise although annoying is completely normal. The guy was very nice. He indicated that they new about this characteristic from testing the Vipers and Corvettes but went with the transmission anyway because of its features. He said that now they kind of wish they hadn't.

Ed

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
I rode around in my buddies 2002 C5 last weekend. It doesn't make that growling noise. It doesn't go clunk-clunk in the back either....:cryying:

Brian

SVTyballz

Established Member
My chick's 99 C-5 and my Cobra both make the exact same tranny sounds in 1st and 2nd. Of course her car has no blower whine...................hahahahahahahahahaha

gary

TruBlu03

Nothing to worry about, your just hearing the tranny gears spinning. Dosen't anyone remember the old Muncie rock crusher trannies?? Now those made alot of noise, but was also normal.

Users who are viewing this thread