1st gen lightning vs stock 95 f150

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
240 hp/340 trq for the Lightning, many say that it's under-rated from the factory, and I have to agree:D *edit* KBB has the f150 with the 351 @ 210hp/325trq

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
pm me with your snail mail addy andi will send you a copy of the spec sheet that gives the difs between the 94 L and f-150.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
oh yeah. the L corners like a vette (93) the f150 corners like a dumptruck. the L does the quarter in about 15.5, the f150 is prolly closer to 18.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few differences. If I'm not mistaken, the L has an entierely different frame from a regular f150.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i have the spec sheet scanned, i just have to figure out how to save it.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few differences. If I'm not mistaken, the L has an entierely different frame from a regular f150.

I read in my SVT calender that our truck has the "4x2 snow plow frame with thicker steel sections and riveted/welded joints."

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
24247-100-21411.jpg

1STGenBrodix

Established Member
Almost everything is different. The L suspension is totally different, the i beams are specially designed for the lightning and the frame is thicker steel. It also has larger rotors and calipars, this is why your 1st gen comes with 17" wheels. The L has 4.10 gears and limited slip from the factory and the truck was lowered nearly 2" inches. The trucks are not evan close to being comparable. You would be closer to accurate comparing a GT from those days with the lightning and evan then the 93 L was faster then the 93 GT on a road course

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
alright, that's the best i can do. too small, then too big. oh well at leas t you can read it now.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i don't know enough about the valve train to answer that, but they used all parts bin parts for this truck. they must know something that we don't? i haven't paid much attentiion to the people that have done the roller conversion. does it make that much more hp with the stock cam profile?

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Well, I read that on our trucks a stockish truck wouldn't benefit too much from a roller cam, but a more modified truck would definitely see and feel noticable gains. I see a lot of guys using the pushrods from the 96 and up 351 f150's for the roller conversion, they are not hardened though.

scootro

Established Member
besides the perfomance diff i rather hav a 93-95 lightning just for the cool factor. the f150 is just a work truck or some 4 wheelin nothing really special...........

Users who are viewing this thread