1st Turbo 5.0 In The 10's

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Stock motor.. they played with the cam timing to lower the dynamic compression ratio, allowing them to run more boost.

Travis

1slo5ohh

Established Member
love the sound of a v8 with a turbo...looks like a clean set up

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
very impressive! the car made 543rwhp and 522rwtq @ 6psi with a single turbo!
what was the numbers with 10psi?

also on the graph at the end of the dyno pull, its kind of blurry but the power drops around 5000rpm and then starts to climbs again around I believe 5800rpm, why is that?

RSKtakR

Established Member
im having twins put on my 6speed 3.31 gear car here pretty soon.. im curious to see what we end up w/ for that setup.. this single setup seems to be running pretty damn good !!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
im having twins put on my 6speed 3.31 gear car here pretty soon.. im curious to see what we end up w/ for that setup.. this single setup seems to be running pretty damn good !!

Are you building the motor? What size twins? Good luck with it!

RSKtakR

Established Member
Are you building the motor? What size twins? Good luck with it!

we are keeping the motor stock for now, but there will be a built spare shortblock waiting because we all know that we are going to want to turn the boost up at some point. As far as the turbos. we arent decided yet. between 53mm and 57mm is what we have been tossing around.. havent decided on ball bearing or not yet either. nothing is actually going to start being fabricated and ordered etc until Nov.. so its just a winter project :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread