2.3 or 3.4 whipple

D's 91 347

MISTICVNM
Established Member
Hey guys finally going to take the plunge and buy a whipple next month for my 04. Question is which one do you go with? My goal is at least 600hp to the tires 650 would be great and still be able to confortabally drive every day if a want. Is bigger better here or is the 2.3 all I need for my goals
Thanks

speedweid

Established Member
edit

Hey guys finally going to take the plunge and buy a whipple next month for my 04. Question is which one do you go with? My goal is at least 600hp to the tires 650 would be great and still be able to confortabally drive every day if a want. Is bigger better here or is the 2.3 all I need for my goals
Thanks

Last edited:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
my 2.3 made 684 RWHP without ever touching the 80k mile motor. never done so much as removed the valve covers. I would just recommend LTs if you don't have them already. I did the accufab TB, 3.0 pulley for daily, which is still over 650. and the 2.75 did the 684 and my twin GT pumps with modded FPDM didn't keep up above 5000 RPM so I had to shut it down. I'm running an SCT MAF and a good dyno tune by HP by Hermann. the 2.3 will be very docile on the street, but have some good quality tires all around. don't use DRs to drive on the street with for multiple reasons. I run GY eagle F1 GS D3s and in 4th gear on a warm day at 2000 RPM with the street tune on the 3.0 (right around 600) I can't keep the tires under it if I just roll into the throttle, it spins scary thing at that speed. your going to have to completely relearn how to respect and drive your cars new found power. I don't car who says it, but 600 ponies is nothing to sneeze at.

5NAK3

Established Member
What about the 3.4l crusher kit for the GT500..it has my attention right now, but reviews of any kind would help me make up my mind, thanks.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
What about the 3.4l crusher kit for the GT500..it has my attention right now, but reviews of any kind would help me make up my mind, thanks.

As of right now, we personally don't have any reviews as we have gone a slightly different route with our GT500. The Ford Racing Cobra Jet picked up 40hp at the same boost lever when switching to the crusher, and that was with a restrictive Cobra Jet throttle body. Using the monoblade would have netted larger gains, but Ford Racing has also gone a slightly different route with their Cobra Jet at this time.

Hope that helps.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Yes power is better but, 3.4 is designed for high boost (which I am running) useless on the street. Rolling along at 90mph my ride just blows the tires off. How is this get him to his goal of driving it on the street?
Stick with the 2.3L. Enough said...
Rob

how much boost, what tires, and what suspension you got?

smaknu9

ZEUS!!!!
Established Member
As of right now, we personally don't have any reviews as we have gone a slightly different route with our GT500. The Ford Racing Cobra Jet picked up 40hp at the same boost lever when switching to the crusher, and that was with a restrictive Cobra Jet throttle body. Using the monoblade would have netted larger gains, but Ford Racing has also gone a slightly different route with their Cobra Jet at this time.

Hope that helps.

Rumor has it people are having problems getting the 3.4 whipple w/crusher inlet to to idle and run smothly,I'm currently running a turbo set up making a little over 1000hp and having issue with driveabilty and was think n about going back whipple but hearing theses things makes ask more ?s Some please reply to this I want to know if a standalone system is needed on both option or not please

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Rumor has it people are having problems getting the 3.4 whipple w/crusher inlet to to idle and run smothly,I'm currently running a turbo set up making a little over 1000hp and having issue with driveabilty and was think n about going back whipple but hearing theses things makes ask more ?s Some please reply to this I want to know if a standalone system is needed on both option or not please

Not sure why anyone would say a supercharger would affect how a car idles. The blower is simply a device which moves air. Idle and how the car runs is all in the tune. If the tune is off your car will never run right whether it be an eaton or a 3.4L whipple.

Jared

1965KB3V

Established Member
Not sure why anyone would say a supercharger would affect how a car idles. The blower is simply a device which moves air. Idle and how the car runs is all in the tune. If the tune is off your car will never run right whether it be an eaton or a 3.4L whipple.

Jared

I don't think that is entirely true, a tune can help an idle problem but if the manifold has a leak then that could cause idle and off idle problems. I would check for vacuum leaks. You may just need to reseal the inlet or bottom plate? But if you had it tuned that way I would get it checked again.

speedweid

Established Member
edit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread