2.3 Whipple Boost Spike Issue

evoryne

Established Member
Hi everyone I just installed a 2.3 Whipple 624hp kit with the 3.25 pulley which is good for 9lbs of boost. My issue is when I floor the car my boost gauge reads 9-10 psi for a half second then falls to 6-7 psi fluttering back and forth holding there till redline. The car feels good, I don't feel any belt slippage and checked my connections for boost leaks. Is this normal? I have a off road h pipe, could the less back pressure cause me to boost less psi?

Your advice is appreciated thanks!

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I run an Edelbrock with a 3.25 inch pulley. I think what you are seeing is normal. Mine settles in around 6.5lbs at WOT. So long as your tune doesn't run lean no issues.

jn2

Established Member
Something that was mentioned in the VMP all out thread was the location of your boost source. if you get your source pre intercooler there could be fluctuating results, post intercooler may yield consistent #'s

edit:

Here is the thread, scroll down past the dyno. If you notice his boost curve was up and down as well, then once he changed boost source is was pretty consistent.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1098784-My-Max-effort-2-3-TVS-build/page5

Last edited:

KG145.0

Established Member
:I have a 2.3 whipple with the same pulley and mine is doing the same thing. I looked everywhere for a solution but couldnt find what it could be. My car runs strong as well but I'm not sure if I'm getting full boost. In for answer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread