2.4 posi port 1/8 mile times improving

08blkshelby

Established Member
Went last night in search for the 6.9999 time slip and failed. I did manage to improve my last time slip to a 7.0 at 99 mph!!! According to drag times the DA was 1245 ft above sea level at the time of that run. I might be getting a intercooler tank next week because I still think I'm pulling timing at the top end.
47b14b0a-e5bf-dc51.jpg

Last edited:

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Went last night in search for the 6.9999 time slip and failed. I did manage to improve my last time slip to a 7.0 at 99 mph!!! According to drag times the DA was 1245 ft above sea level at the time of that run. I might be getting a intercooler tank next week because I still think I'm pulling timing at the top end.
47b14b0a-ce50-42c3.jpg

I'm right there with you -- think mine is doing the same. ran 11.63 in the quarter and then my runs started slipping in ET. My overall trap speeds were no better than those run before I had the port/2.4. The ET was a full half second better than my previous PB though. Need to work on consistency as I'm happy with my PB, but I think repeatability run after run is going to require some in-between run attention. I just spoke with Brian (Posi) and he had a few really good suggestions:

1.) get to the track early so you can get to the front of the line, minimizing heat soak during extended staging times (mine can be as much as 10 minutes)
2.) trunk mounted intercooler reservoir with self-contained pump - he highly recommended Chiseled Performance's custom units, which upon looking seem reasonably priced for the custom work you get.
3.) he recommended, to the extent possible, setting up a box fan that is run off a dedicated marine battery. Clunky, yes, but it works.

I'm going to do a couple of things before I spring for anything more than the 3X reservoir I have now. First, I'm going to log my IATs through the SCT/laptop so I can get a baseline and know what I'm working with and what improvements are made, and second, I'm going to jumper off my IC pump/HE fans next time in the staging lanes...I have not been doing this.

It is frustrating to run a killer time and then not be able to back it up, and worse still, that it is off by so much (pretty much negates the port work + smaller pulley in subsequent runs).

How were your other runs in comparison? Congrats BTW on the new PB!

Last edited:

08blkshelby

Established Member
Never heard of a self contained pump. I'll have to look in to that.
My first run was 1.56 60' and let off at the end to not get kicked out. Second run was my 1.56 60' and ran 7.0 at 99mph. Third run I was running against a c6z06 got a little nervous and ran a 60' 1.65 at 7.33 @97 mph. Z06 ran a 8.8 at 92mph.

I think that my 7.0 run was a 10 sec. 1/4 mile run!!!! But a 6.99 would defiantly been a 10 sec run.

Kevin P

Established Member
You guys need a C&R heat exchanger with fans. It will cure your heat soak issues, and it won't pull timing on the top end. My 2010 with that installed will run just as fast on the second of back-to-back passes as it does on the first. I mean, run, and never turn the car off and run again, and the mph doesn't drop at all. This is in the 1/4, running about 120mph with my current mods.

I will have a posi-ported blower soon, I don't expect the above to change. Except for the 120mph in the 1/4 ;)

Revan racing sells them.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
I already have the C&R heat exchanger with fans. It's great, but still feel like I'm getting timing pulled while heat soaks between runs, and possibly during the run.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
47b14b0a-e5bf-dc51.jpg
Nice! Congrats on the new 1/8th PB. Any time you can get a new best is a good day believe me! And depending on what the 7.0? is, you probably have the 1/8th mile equivalent to a 10.9 anyway. I found that with my runs a 7.06 or lower would usually equate to a 10 second 1/4 mile slip.

Adding an upgraded intercooler tank and utilizing it correctly would be huge for your drag strip performance. Even if it's just a Moroso tank for under the hood. We have found that for drag strip use, ice is a superior way to cool your blower, not ambient air going through a heat exchanger. Some of the serious Eaton drag racers have actually removed their HE's for drag strip use.

08blkshelby

Established Member
Nice! Congrats on the new 1/8th PB. Any time you can get a new best is a good day believe me! And depending on what the 7.0? is, you probably have the 1/8th mile equivalent to a 10.9 anyway. I found that with my runs a 7.06 or lower would usually equate to a 10 second 1/4 mile slip.

Thanks, it was fun. It was a 7.089 run so I'm guessing that's an 11.0 1/4 run. I still think that's pretty good for complete stock exhaust, stock lower, 3.31 gears and zero weight reduction with a child seat in the back seats:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread