2.8 KB stock hood clearance

ryan319

Established Member
My car came with a cervini cowl hood on it but also came with the stock hood that was notched. Never really been a fan of cowl hoods so I swapped the stock hood back on tonight. How much clearance is needed between the front of the blower and the hood? I have about 1/4" now and can probably message a touch more if I need it. Just not sure how much clearance is sufficient. Thanks

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Yeah, that should be enough. Just make sure the pulley isn't hitting either. When I notched my hood I got plenty of clearance on the blower itself but when I tried to close the hood it didn't want to shut. I pulled the hood vents and looked in there and noticed it was hitting on the pulley. So I had to notch it a bit more. What color combo is your cowl hood?

ryan319

Established Member
The pulley seems to clear, I think it's a 3". The hood closes with no issues at all. I used some of my daughters playdoh to measure the clearance at the front of the blower but I will double check the pulley tonight.

The hood is black with tungsten stripes. I'd sell it cheap but I'm not shipping it.

Users who are viewing this thread