2.9 Whipple bypass ?

pony23

Established Member
Hey guys with a 2.9 on their GT500's. How close to the firewall is your bypass valve? This blower was on my 08 and I had plenty of room. Now on my 10 I am thinking it is wayyy to close. It was originally hitting the fire wall and I couldn't install it. I moved the K-member forward as far as it would go. Now it has about a 1/16" room. You guys think that is too tight? I have driven it and not noticed any spots where it is hitting but I'm not positive.

7dd54c7a.gif

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
On the 11 I have right at an inch to the actual firewall. The heat shield makes it look close. Use Rob's special spacing tool and you should be good. Don't know if it will work with the blower on. I would want more room but you could always use a scope or mirror to see if its rubbing the firewall

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
There's plenty of room with mine. Your elbow looks kind of high, though, from that angle.

pony23

Established Member
On the 11 I have right at an inch to the actual firewall. The heat shield makes it look close. Use Rob's special spacing tool and you should be good. Don't know if it will work with the blower on. I would want more room but you could always use a scope or mirror to see if its rubbing the firewall

What is Rob's spacing tool?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
My bad. Galaxy S II likes to change the word once its typed. TOB's spacing tool. Rob gets no credit. Auto correction is great when it makes you look smart, get lazy enough and depend upon it you'll get had every time.

pony23

Established Member
dirtyo2000, dont you hate that!!! LOL

Yeah Tob, I have the same amount of space that you originally had. Looks like its time to massage the fire wall.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Yup. One or two good whacks is all you'll need.

And Dirty, I wasn't able to swing that hammer without government help. I could never have done it by myself. And although I've never met Rob, he should probably get credit too. Rewarding mediocrity as well as people that you've never met is sooo in.

/end rant.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
LOL, waiting on the next mod and write TOB. There must be something that caught your eye for improvement. All this Modding (moderator) has slowed down the Modding. Ahhh I kill me

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It does indeed take up quite a bit of time to follow everything. :)

I have a few things up my sleeve. Some of which I'm holding back on breaking ground as I'm waiting to see what FRPP is going to release.

Users who are viewing this thread