2.9 whipple compressor head unit

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
Gonna be upgrading from the roush tvs to a 2.9 whipple. Where can I get the head unit only (the compressor) for a better deal than 3950.00. I coulda sworn I seen it go for cheaper than that. Anyone know anyone or a place that sells the 2.9 for a good deal?

Thank you

prn1972

Established Member
Gonna be upgrading from the roush tvs to a 2.9 whipple. Where can I get the head unit only (the compressor) for a better deal than 3950.00. I coulda sworn I seen it go for cheaper than that. Anyone know anyone or a place that sells the 2.9 for a good deal?

Thank you
Why do you want the 2.9? Alot of people prefer the TVS. A ported tvs anyway. I done alot of research on this subject. A ported tvs will equal or outperform a 2.9. And the vmp gen 2 tvs will do even better. If you really want more than the tvs most say make the jump to the 4.0 Whipple. If it was me I would save myself a little money & get a vmp gen 2 case $1500, vmp 8 rib setup $1200, you can push 20+psi & make as much or better than the 2.9. Just my opinion.

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I wanna do a 2.9 whipple because the tvs won't be able to do anymore than 700 and I wanna make more now that my motor is built. I've yet to hear a single persons tvs with the Stiegemier snakebite kit and Stiegemier themselves didn't have a clip or dyno sheet for me to show what the snake bite or a porting of the roush 2.3 tvs blower can do. I've posted a thread about the roush tvs getting a snakebite/porting asking who did this and no one said anything.

prn1972

Established Member
I have a buddy that made 705whp on a low reading Mustang Dyno....that's 800whp on a Dynojet, he was running the Aluminator/Stiegemeier ported tvs with snakebite/venom cooler, made 15lbs of boost on 82mm pulley, I will see if I can get his dyno sheet

phantom_5_liter

Established Member
I have a buddy that made 705whp on a low reading Mustang Dyno....that's 800whp on a Dynojet, he was running the Aluminator/Stiegemeier ported tvs with snakebite/venom cooler, made 15lbs of boost on 82mm pulley, I will see if I can get his dyno sheet
I would love to see a video of it of how it performs and runs if you can

prn1972

Established Member
Here is a tvs/twin screw list on Facebook..... his name is Bobby Dugger, he is 5th on the list & ran a [email protected] messaged him, trying to get his dyno sheet uploadfromtaptalk1428868474731.jpg

prn1972

Established Member
If you have Facebook.... Join TVS/Whipple/Kenne Bell Coyotes....message Bobby Dugger he has his dyno sheet & vids of his runs, Justin & Rebecca Starkey of VMP are on there too

Last edited:

bigriff85

Established Member
Justin Cyrnek went 8.7's w/ a 2.9 Whipple. His other 5.0 w/ a 4.5 whipple went 7's & Chris Cruz goes 8's with Whipple 4.0 I believe. Evolution Performance did these cars awhile back.

stangn

Established Member
Ford and Roush work together a lot, I wonder why the CJ comes with a Whipple? I believe the early 5.0's even used the 2.9 and the 10 rib everyone hates.

I'm not a spokesman for VMP or Whipple it's just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread